dyno

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Iron 1

ok, I live in a town of bend, or. it's roughly 60,000 people. the closest dyno is 3+ hours away. we have a nice import market, and amazing classic muscle car numbers. while sitting back and drinking tonight I realised something. I know the owners of all 3 import shops, and almost all of the hot rod shops here in town. If I got an awd dyno, I'd be able to have it paid off by this time next year.

I am wondering what kind of prices you guys are paying?? the cheapest dyno run is $30 for 3 runs, just hp/tq #'s. but that's 3+ hours away... I think that this is exactly what this town needs.

I'm calling dynojet, and mustang dyno's monday morning.

I was thinking - there are no dynos anywhere in oregon except portland, is there? Eugene and Medford don't even have them to my knowledge... You could probably get a lot of peeps from the coast and southern oregon if you got the word out.

Wow, that's cheap- the prices my friends have been paying for dynos are more like $40k-60k for DynoJets.

40-60??? that's it?? like battle pope said, there's only like 10 dynos, and they're all around portland. and one awd, I think. I found out that the dyno jets go from 20-1000 hp. so I can include motorcycles as well. I might of found my niche...
I'm going in tomorrow and talking to all of the shops around town. I think that if I can win them, they'll be able to pay off my monthly payments, and the private sessions will be the bread and butter.

yes. we're doing street tuning on a buddies twin turbo subaru right now, we put the motor in his sand rail. I won't push customers cars real hard at all... but when it comes to my own, I expect to blow up many a motor...

dyno jet-60k
mustang-63k
just for the base awd dyno. add in another 2 to ship, 3 for the wideband.
If you want just a single axle it's 20k.

the dyno jet will measure up to 1000 hp, while the mustang goes up to 900.
I'm going to go with the mustand awd500. It's an above ground, but is only 18" high. with mustangs inertia system, I can put different loads on the cars, to simulate hills, and actual driving conditions.

Originally posted by Battle Pope+Oct 17 2004, 01:13 PM-->
I was thinking - there are no dynos anywhere in oregon except portland, is there? Eugene and Medford don't even have them to my knowledge... You could probably get a lot of peeps from the coast and southern oregon if you got the word out.
[post=403692]Quoted post[/post]​
that's what I'm hoping for. I'd even get a pull from idaho.

pissedoffsol
@Oct 18 2004, 08:24 AM
i cna't wait to see the results of this.
[post=404060]Quoted post[/post]​

I'm getting info, and financing packets. it might be a drive for you, but I could work out some kind of discount.

Hey good luck with this man. Ive always wanted to do the same thing. Hope it works out!

ifi were looking to do a dyno, i'd be getting a dynapak. its the future of tuning dynamics.

i think oregon is a little too far away from colorado for me to visit your dyno. speaking of which, i need to dyno my car soon. as soon as it is turbocharged, that is. good luck with it.

Originally posted by Iron 1+Oct 18 2004, 02:45 PM-->
Originally posted by Battle Pope@Oct 17 2004, 01:13 PM
[post=403692]Quoted post[/post]​

that's what I'm hoping for. I'd even get a pull from idaho.

pissedoffsol
@Oct 18 2004, 08:24 AM
i cna't wait to see the results of this.
[post=404060]Quoted post[/post]​

I'm getting info, and financing packets. it might be a drive for you, but I could work out some kind of discount.
[post=404269]Quoted post[/post]​

i'd visit your shop. i'm in lewiston, right on the idaho/washington border. i can be in oregon in under an hour and stay at my uncles house in bend. i think the whole trip is 5 hours or so. if i go but you'd have to make it cheap for a fellow HS'er.

Iron you should look into getting a Dynapack. you could even make that one portable should the need arise, and its much more accurate than a dynojet or mustang.

to dyno tune hondata near by me is 150 a hour and thats a min of 3 so its a grip of money

Back