Dyno'd 658 awhp

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Dude, WTF do you do with that kind of horsepower on the street in that size vehicle? No way to hook that up and keep it staight when you hammer down on it.

I"m not dissing ya here bro - but, holy sh!t Batman!!!!

I guess you have the time and money for such a venture and got bragging rights?

Again, I'm all about horsepower - love NHRA nitro cars and nitro drag boats.

Is it for driving thrill, or dyno bragging rights or both? :) Just doin it cuz some guys climb mountains - translation, you're just a Hot Rodder and went for it?

BTW - congrats for a job well done!!! That's awesome!

Last edited:
Thanks. Believe it or not, I hook fine on the street from a roll... not sure how it will go if I try to launch it. There's not as much money in the car as you would imagine either. Nothing about the car makes sense, including the owner.

Glad you didn't take my comments the wrong way.

Bet it slams you back in the seat real nice when you hammer it! Gotta love the rush from unleashing the horsepower.

If you could get it to hook up and launch, it should be a 9 sec ride down the 1320.

Like I said, I luv all things Nitro - the hull for this little gem was designed with my input by my closest uncle - a 13 year project to get to the final molds. Nitro must be in the family genes.

Problem%20Child.JPG

The Problem Child - Top Fuel drag hydro owned by Eddie Knox and driven by Daryl "Madd Max" Ehrlich. Holds current speed record 4.52 sec, 264 mph.

Designed here: Bullet Fiberglass Have a look at the video. You can see 8000 hp unleashed on the water. Run is over at the green bouys.

***** Just watched your video again - your car screams!!!!

Last edited:
Nice figures. Any specs? Stock trans? Drivetrain parts?

Stock trans, Fidanza 4.3 sprung 6 puck clutch (that somehow held 580 ft-lbs). Forged engine, Walbro 255 in tank and a Bosch 044 inline feeding FIC 1150's, which were at 97% IDC.

E85 blows

any plans on taking this beast to the track?

i have a lot of respect for the DSMs... you can get into the 11s without spending much, and 10s arent even that hard. the problem is that they always break something lol.

I doubt I'll take it there with the 5 spd. I'm swapping it to an auto in the next couple of months for the sake of longevity--I'll probably take it to the track after that and get kicked out after a pass or two (GIR has pretty strict tech)

Back