Dynomat the rex??? yay or nay

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

90RexHf

I am thinking about taking out my carpet and everything lay dynomat down all around as possible.. do you think its worth the money for should i just get some foam and lay it down?? I heard dynomat to do the car is pretty high in price.. so i was thinking about some foam like i said, i think it would kinda work the same... so is it worth it? dynomat for the price?

you'll end up spending hundreds upon hundreds of dollars to dynamat your car. it'll also weigh your car down a bit.

if you don't want rattles, go ahead. personally, a trunk kit was enough for me.

I have a lot of experience with dynomat. I'm really not impressed. It adds a lot of weight (that sh*t is heavy), its really expensive, and it really doesn't make a big difference. You will find that most of the weight and technology in dynomat is in the adhesive. It does cut down on the outside noise level, but you can do the same thing by turning up your system. You would hear a major difference if you built baffles for you speakers, rather than have them free air.

If you want to go all out, dynomat always seemed to work ok for me. But if you are just looking to get rid of a few rattles then you don't need dynomat...there are plenty of other cheaper alternatives to getting rid of those. I used to use a test cd that could play back a different tone on each track, I would play that to find different rattles and I would stop them from there. Foam, liquid silicon behind stuff, great stuff, double sided tape, liquid nails in extreme cases, glue and you can't forget the duct tape.

Originally posted by hcivic.com@May 25 2004, 10:46 PM
get a product from lighting audio, it a liquid spray deadener

Yea i seen some of that stufff.. Didnt know it will help or not... How long does it take to dry...

it took 24 hrs to fully cure about 30 mins to the touch. The smell was hardly noticable compared to the tar mat.

ill comment on this...

i picked up 75 sq feet of fatmat and dynamatted my whole civic. i used ~55sq feet and it only weighed down the car 30lbs. the difference was astonishing. i also filled the quarterpanels, a/b/c pillars and hatch door with expanding foam. the car was a soundstage. i did the roof AND the floor up with dynamat. 2 layers in some spots. all i had left was the doors when i rolled the bitch. :(

also forgot to mention it was $125 shipped off ebay.

I used Dynomat on my catalytic convertors heatshield because it was rattling, working like a charm.

Actually, I have been thinking about using some of the spray on sound deadener, my VX has 0 SD, and it is annoying sometimes. mean shit, my tool box wieghs more thna that crap and I have it in the car most of the time anyway, not like I drag race as a career or something.

Back