E-cig Bliss....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

My wife's friend came over yesterday, laughed at my set-up...saying she never would do it because it didn't look like it had the nicotine fix that she wanted...

I loaded up a fresh cart with low nic cherry(8mg), (cleared the atomizer)...and gave her one puff.

She had one hit, felt it, tasted it, and she's buying the screwdriver when they become available next week. Now she is begging for one...

I'm glad I didn't load it up with 36mg of nic coffee flav...because she would have prolly stole it that night. We spent about an hour showing her what to buy on the internet after that...

And then last night, after I tossed in the fresh battery for her to try her hit... I went to work and forgot to toss my kit in the bag, but I had the SD with a 10ml bottle in my pocket...when i realized that I left the battery's at the house, it was too late to turn around to go back home and miss the OT at work...so I went to work...fearing the batt might die at every puff...but it lasted all night, and then I kept it in all day trying to kill it...it lasted up to 4 o'clock...with heavy use...for about 21 hours..including a nap I had from 8-2..... the SD batt's proved them selves..... I'm one happy muthaf*cker now.

Ordered some 18mg liquid, some blank cartridges and some apple flavor (to replace his apple black and milds), we'll see how it goes.

Found that the 'taping over one of the intake holes' mod really works to make more vapor, I think it's just that the decreased airflow keeps the liquid over the hot element longer. It's got more time to 'cook'.

So I know this is resurrection at it's finest, but how is this working out for those involved, and how much did you smoke before/how fast do you burn through this stuff? The reason I ask is I'm thinking about getting it for my mom for christmas, and she smokes about a pack a day. I ran into a kid at work today and I figured I'd ask you guys as well as him.

i steadily used the e-cig less and less until sometime around september or october 09 i realized that i hadn't touched it for about 2 weeks or so... at that point i stopped carrying it with me and just kept it in my car for another month or so... still didnt touch it... had no desire to smoke the e-cig or a regular cig... so after about 6 months of not trying to, or even wanting to quit, i was quit

while driving or riding in a car, after eating, with coffee, at parties, at the bar, or just around friends who smoke... none of it makes me want a cigarette even a little bit... regular cigs smell like shit to me... the smell of them or the taste of the second hand smoke nauseates me...
i have been off of regular cigarettes for over a year and a half... and off of the e-cig for over a year, with no cravings what so ever...
i still have my e-cig packed away in a drawer so if i ever do have a relapse and want to start smoking again i will go to it instead of a regular cigarette... but i seriously doubt it will be getting any use

Unlike E, it never did anything for me. It was not a replacement for me. It was a toy that didn't do a damn thing for me and still left me wanting a cig after i puffed on it, so why bother?

Either way, after 12 years of a pak+ a day, I quit cold turkey May 7th 2010 and haven't had as much of a drag since and will be doing all I can to never have one again. I still crave every now and then, but it's a fake crave. It's hard to describe. I don't really want a cigarette.... my body just wants satisfaction. It usually goes away as soon as i stop thinking about it.

"You can't understand the user's mind....But try, with your books and degrees"
- Junkhead, Alice in Chains

I quit cold turkey too but sometimes I go back. But when I first quit i did it to have the extra money to spend on my car and strippers..naa just cars

I got my e-cig may 8th, 2009. Never touched another real cig until a month later, and it was nasty...so I only could handle a half cig. I put it out, and never had another cig. I still use the E-cig, and happy as ever. Worth while investment. Just don't buy the mall ones, they are junk and overpriced. I still use the Screwdriver from Totally Wicked. Long battery life, bigger battery, and lately...the atomizers are lasting longer. I was a pack a day...now I'm about 12 drops a day.

I still use my e-cig, but did mess up about a month ago and smoked a camel menthol... lets just say the hour and a half of puking my guts out was enough to keep me from ever touching a real cig again. The e-cig is good, and the flavors of liquids have gotten pretty creative, and I'm down to medium nicotine strength and within 2 months I'm hoping to quit for good.

I STAND CORRECTED. Write this shit down people. I WAS fucking wrong man.

It helped all of you quit. Except B. He did it with his nuts and will power, no faker.

sig'd. lmao.
i uh.... made some changes, i decided to take the news route and put a word in brackets (to show what you meant to say) and took a line out.

hope you approve ;)

I still use my e-cig, but did mess up about a month ago and smoked a camel menthol... lets just say the hour and a half of puking my guts out .

Camel Menthols and you wondered why you were puking.

I did the patch thing for 6 weeks and have been without it for a few weeks. I pop in a snus every once in a while. I did slip up and have 2 one day during the patch phase. (I hadn't put it on for the day I forgot it at home) I had trouble breathing after it. I never tired the e-cig, but if I tried to quit again it might work. I had to use the patch due to severe withdrawl symptoms I was getting.

Camel Menthols and you wondered why you were puking.

Thats what I smoked before I quit, but now they have that little menthol ball in them, I guess to market to teen's because "they don't taste like a traditional cig", but at the same time I didn't ask to smoke mouthwash either...

I STAND CORRECTED. Write this shit down people. I WAS fucking wrong man.

It helped all of you quit. Except B. He did it with his nuts and will power, no faker.

i have 8 friends who have tried the e-cig as a quitting method and failed with it... they didnt have the drive to stick with the e-cig when their mind would tell them that they needed a real one... as with anything you have to WANT it to work for you...

it is NOT the SAME as smoking regular cigarettes... it is only SIMILAR... how similar depends on the style that you end up with

early on in the first few weeks i would get cravings for real cigarettes... i would think "i just want a real cigarette... just one" then i would tell myself "no you dont fucking need a real one... shut the fuck up and smoke the e-cig"... then i would smoke the e-cig and deal with it until the craving passed... over those first few weeks those cravings came less and less, and were weaker and weaker every time... then i stopped wanting real ones at all and started being disgusted by the smell and taste of real cigs

again i didnt want to quit smoking... i just wanted to replace it with something similar but less harmful (like what airjokey did)... over time quitting just kinda happened :shrug2:

I used the e-cig for a few months and ended up quitting on February 6th 2011.
Started with the mall e-cigs and then ordered a real setup in Dec 2010.
E-cig made quitting easier for me. I had done the gum, and cold turkey in the past, but that only lasted a year.

I gave my friend a setup for xmas, and gave my cousin my old setup and it did not work for either of them.

i am seeing more and more 'E-Cig" looking like mini hookas these days. Tons of people smoke these things in CT

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/fd/2e/94/fd2e94ab4604c2e2478cb8bd8a957852.jpg
fd2e94ab4604c2e2478cb8bd8a957852.jpg

Back