eagle rods, wiseco pistons...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Kaioshou

4dr Sl33p3r
:mellow: Ok, I got some eagle h beams and some wiseco pistons off a friend of mine (brand new still ine the boxes/plastic) for 200.00 total because he sold his car. His civic had a d16y8 motor in it and I got a d15b7 in mine as of right now but I have a complete d16y7 motor spare sitting in the garage. I need to know if there is anything I need to do besides notching the block for rod clearances, to get these rods and pistons into working condition in my d16y7 block? They were bought for the y8 and I really don't want to go out and buy another motor when I have a fully stock one with 25k miles on it that I can build and use. Thanks in advance.

~Big Reim

Yes, you definitley want to check your bearing clearances. You can use plastiguage it is pretty simple to do follow the instructions in a repair manual. Also what size are the pistons? If the pistons are oversized you will need to have your block bored/honed. I would recommend a light hone anyways so your rings will seat better. Also remember to gap your rings. Hope this helps some.:)

Back