1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

eagle rods, wiseco pistons...

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by Kaioshou, Nov 20, 2006.

1. Kaioshou

Kaioshou 4dr Sl33p3r

:mellow: Ok, I got some eagle h beams and some wiseco pistons off a friend of mine (brand new still ine the boxes/plastic) for 200.00 total because he sold his car. His civic had a d16y8 motor in it and I got a d15b7 in mine as of right now but I have a complete d16y7 motor spare sitting in the garage. I need to know if there is anything I need to do besides notching the block for rod clearances, to get these rods and pistons into working condition in my d16y7 block? They were bought for the y8 and I really don't want to go out and buy another motor when I have a fully stock one with 25k miles on it that I can build and use. Thanks in advance.

~Big Reim

2. Kaioshou

Kaioshou 4dr Sl33p3r

...bump?

3. boostin4fun

boostin4fun Boosted ls/vtec ohh yeah!

Yes, you definitley want to check your bearing clearances. You can use plastiguage it is pretty simple to do follow the instructions in a repair manual. Also what size are the pistons? If the pistons are oversized you will need to have your block bored/honed. I would recommend a light hone anyways so your rings will seat better. Also remember to gap your rings. Hope this helps some.:)

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted