Earthquake: East Coast

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

In regard to information traveling quickly

xkcd: Seismic Waves
you have NO idea how true this is.

immediately after the quake (t + 30ish seconds), i called my gf (50 miles north of me) to tell her what happened. she answered and i could hear her in the background, and ambient noise, but she wasnt responding to me. i figured there was a problem with the reception and she just couldnt hear me so i hung up. a few minutes later she told me that she was experiencing the quake while on the phone with me.

Nah, Columbus is closer to the east than you'd think until you look at a map. The entire state is in the eastern most quarter, and Columbus probably falls near the border of the eastern most fifth. Especially if you cut out Maine, Vermont, and that other bullshit triangle state, oh yea, new hampshire. That's the one. :p
dude, NH is the best state in the union. don't knock it.

I was walking around in NyC at the time of the quake and felt absolutely nothing. I figured the people evacuating all the buildings got stuck participating in a fire drill.

haarp.jpg

:ph34r:

lol

I heard someone at work mention it while we were walking out of the building. Might have been in jest though.

Also, look at how it DEMOLISHED my lab:

tumblr_lqegqpMFJS1qh2ym4o1_500.jpg

dude, NH is the best state in the union. don't knock it.
I just couldnt remember its name for a sec. Typed as I thought. Haha
isnt that contradictory?

besides, when i think east i think coastal states. not some landlocked flat boring state :)

Yea, I put it in a confusing way. Fixed. I know what you mean. I mean were called the Midwest, but were way east in the big picture. I think that's from way back when half the country didnt really exist. Anyway, we may be land locked but were definetly not flat Masshole! :) I learned that way back as a kid when my dad thought it was hilarious to hit the country roads at a good rate of speed and i nearly pissed my pants.

Last edited:
Pictures of the devastation in Washington DC from today's earthquake....this may be very unsettling for some...proceed with caution.

FamousDC-Earthquake-Devastation.jpg

I about 30 minutes south of Downtown Denver and I felt the earthquake late last night. Not much of anything, just a few seconds of shaking. Only the second time I've felt one, the first one being last year in Japan.

i don't see any haarp/other conspiracies here. looks like both the appalacian and rockys shifted a bit, putting more tension in the st lousi area for the big one that will take out st louis/memphis/etc region when it hits like it did in the early 1800s.

4.2 aftershock just hit va
Magnitude 4.2 - VIRGINIA

Pump your breaks. Of course there is scientific evidence it wasnt HAARP. These peopleare experts. They wouldntmake such a rookie mistake :ph34r:

My theory is this is a governmental plot to make the fast food chains wealthy and destabilize the planet. We have an obesity epidemic here and all that heaviness is putting to much strain on the earths crust, hence the earthquakes. Do your part for human kind and put the cheeseburger down!!!

I about 30 minutes south of Downtown Denver and I felt the earthquake late last night. Not much of anything, just a few seconds of shaking. Only the second time I've felt one, the first one being last year in Japan.

I'd get the fuck out of Colorado by next year :ph34r:

Felt my chair wobbling, and was confused by no cats being around. Then noticed shit was a little shakey. It made me think, "Shit is this a small earthquake?!" googled it later and confirmed that, aight then.

Back