easier to put in prelude s h23/h22

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

justtrustme81

I have a 96 prelude s(f22a) with automatic. I recently ran into engine problems with the block cracking. I need to get another engine in there because it is my daily driver. Im having trouble finding that same engine. Would either of the h22a or h23a work in my car? Which would require less work and money to get it on the road again. As anyone i wouldn't mind the little extra horsepower i would get from either h series but would like it to still be reliable. What would i need if i were to install another engine besides the f22a(ecu, mounts, etc). Will both bolt right up to the tranny. Im in no rush but would like to be on th road in it soon. Any other info would be greatly appreciated.

all H-series will drop in....

but to save you the least about of trouble.... go with the H23a1

cheap, its 30 more hp... will bolt in no issues....and you wont have to re-wire for vtec that the H22 would have.... everything off your F22 will bolt on the H23 (alternator, ps pump, ac pump etc etc)

but here are several motors you can look at using.....

F22b DOHC

Tiger Japanese Auto Parts LTD - F22B DOHC Non VTEC Engine only Honda Accrod & Honda Prel

F22b SOHC

Tiger Japanese Auto Parts LTD - F22B SOHC Non VTEC Engine only Honda Accord 94-97

H23a DOHC

Tiger Japanese Auto Parts LTD - H23A DOHC Non VTEC Engine only Honda Prelude 92-96

also check out with the peeps at Honda Prelude Forum - PreludeZone.com and Preludepower.com - Powered by vBulletin they can help you when the time comes to do your swap

Back