easiest swap for 89 crx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Boricua_racingREX

i wanna go b16 but some people tell me I have to buy the the hasport motor mounts. But my friend did his swap without doing none of that he just eliminated one motor mount i think.

And another question does a zc drop straight into my rex.

Originally posted by theB16tegguy@Dec 8 2003, 03:22 PM
B16 won't bolt in. ZC=yes. ZC is easiest. READ THE FAQS AND SEARCH FOOL.

THANK YOU. B16's bolt in just not as easy as ZC's or any other D series.

It is not called a bolt in swap because you need a mount kit, custom shift linkage, axles, a b series tranny. A zc or d series is called a bolt in swap because it is just like replacing your stock block. They will bolt up to your existing tranny and you really dont have to change anything but the engine itself. This is how the term has been used for 99% of people into Hondas and has been used longer than you have know what a teg is.

would at least 12 psi from turbocharging my sohc give me enough performance to keep up with a crx w/ ls vtec. Or will he just smoke me. I guess with 12 psi into my si it would give me at least 170 hp or more to the wheels. With a good clutch, will i beet him.

To run 12 psi on a D series, you will have so much $$ in the internals that you will kick yourself in the ass when you still get beat by a B series. You should really consider a b series if you plan on that much boost. without a lot of work on the D you will not reach 12 psi. And if you do, on stock internals, you will be driving on one big ass grenade.

Get a ZC, and boost it to 10 psi. Don't worry about it, these motors are cheap and replaceable. Haha

Back