Easiest to Use GPS

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

reckedracing

TTIWWOP
VIP
my friends boss is looking for the easiest to use GPS for an xmas present for her husband

any ideas?

sextant~100.jpg

I get into the programming of my cell phone (Nextel I530 hunk of trash) and get my XYZ coords, then call my dad who googles where the hell I am. He then tells me how to get out of where I am. I stop for lunch and have an extra $500 to spend on a nice burger or two.

ah, consumer reports suggests these as the best overall, combining portability and performance
Garmin Nuvi 350 -$600
Magellan Roadmate 3050 - $600
and the TomTom Go 510 - $600

also interesting to note...
if you're on consumer reports, and it asks you for a password, if you type consumer reports password into google, the first result it gives you is from a school and it actually works... i was utterly amazed

The magellan road mate 360 sucks major ass. A pain to enter locations, you can't upgrade it without paying 100 bucks for new maps, and mine resets itself every 5 min.

Just dont get a dvd based navigation system, like an in-car one from Alpine or something. (plus they cost 1000+)

I just use mapquest and googlemaps. cost? about 2 cents for paper and ink.

a fellow Iwork with has a Tom Tom and works nicely, I was able to program a route without reading any instructions etc.. I aslo believe it is bluetooth enabled as well.

I use telenav on my phone but my friend uses a garmin c330 and it very easy and has all us maps built in. There pretty cheap right now too.

i sell these units everyday and let me tell ya its a tossup between the tom tom one and the garmin nuvi 550. the ones that are 1000 dollars and more are absolutly worthless, you can pick up the tom tom one for about 400 bucks and in my opinion they work the best.

I personally have an IPAQ with a GPS reciever paired with iGuidance. It works very well and plus I can use the IPAQ for other stuff like play movies, mp3s, surf the web, etc...

Price Breakdown:

IPAQ: $280 (lower model w/300mhz)
GPS: $80
Software: $50-100
SD Card 2GB: $30

Total: $490

Thats my two cents.

Zeal has it right. I have a bluetooth capable Clie, couple that with the bluetooth GPS antenna and you've got a combo for $200.

Back