East coast blizzard

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

26" inches was the final tally for where i'm at. spent a solid 6hrs shoveling my parents' driveway (very large gravel driveway).

I didnt bother trying to drive anywhere. I just stayed in and played video games all day + the 2 days i got off work lol.
Did you wait until it was all done snowing or go out a couple of times to make it easier? My rule of thumb is <12 inches wait until it is done, >12 inches do it in a couple of sessions so that it isn't as deep and the plow can't drift you in.

im glad i live in a place that i dont have to think about that lol.

We got about 27" here in Alexandria, VA. Pretty dig deal for this area, we are not anywhere near prepared for this shit. School has been canceled all week. OPM closed down the gov't Monday, Tuesday. Finally got back today.

all whatever inches of snow that fell here is all gone. except for the small mountains left by plows.

Did you wait until it was all done snowing or go out a couple of times to make it easier? My rule of thumb is <12 inches wait until it is done, >12 inches do it in a couple of sessions so that it isn't as deep and the plow can't drift you in.

i waited until it was all done and then shoveled it all at once. it was like blizzard whiteout conditions when it was at about 12" down. fuck that.

Back