East coast under water ?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Celerity

I caught news this morning that my old town in New Hampshire, Keene, is under water. They say, and show pictures of, the downtown area being under some water. (Not the full 4 feet) but what I can't figure out is that there is a neighborhood about 10-15 lower than downtown just down the street. With that flooding in down town, it would seem to me that houses are over the roof with water.

I also hear we got some major flooding in New Jersey and PA.

I saw 4 cars at one intersection that were vaporlocked from trying to drive through the water on Saturday night. Providence is basicaly one big hill and this was on one of the bottom streets...the only things that really save us is we're on the ocean and have a river that flows through downtown

Right now I have my car parked up on the sidewalk to keep it out of the rain today (My work is also on a hill)

we got a lot of rain this weekend, but nothing drastic.
i heard the merit pky had a lot of standing water on it... but other than that, nothing serious

:werd: It pretty much downpoured ALL weekend here. No flooding though, thank god.

I've got it all figured out.

The united states is sinking slowly, and in 500 years will be gone. So we are pwning the middle east one small country at a time to start developing "United states 2".. It takes alot of work to turn a desert into a neighborhood.

Or.. not..

hey, i live 25 minutes from keene. yeah my parents told me that keene got hit the worst in that area for some reason.

we got between 10 and 12 inches of rain by me over the weekend

the weekend fucking sucked as far as working

got a chance to be out on sunday but no sun and still drizzling

nothing like being in a tin roofed garage when its pouring all weekend long...
the noise was much worse before it was insulated...

I guess we gotta get something besides the occasional blizzard

the south gets hurricanes
the west coast has earthquakes
central US has tornados

We have Yuppies. That's a natural disaster I'll trade any of those areas for.

Except California. There are ... what... 134998273--7166~~~ 98898 reasons that place sucks.

This winter is gonig to be the winter from hell...if hell was cold, icey, snowy, and windy... i predict worse winter for NE.

i have no basis for this, my only basis is that things are getting fucked up in the world faster and more frequently.

4 feet of water in downtown keene. Some boats at the marina on the Connecticut River got loose and went about 10 miles down river and went over the Vernon dam. (Vernon is a town in southern vt). A house in Hinsdale NH (town below keene, steve if youve ever been there...im sorry) had a house collapse down a bank...into a stream. Ive been told that people were LITERALLY kayaking down main street in Keene.

<shudder>... yeh.. Hinsdale, Incestor (Winchester) Troy, all those places. Yup.

Now, main street Keene was under 4 feet of water...but my sister used to live down the hill from main street - those houses are the really flooded ones.

EDIT: Down the hill from Don and Dave's wings

mmmmmmm daves wings.... yeah i dunno bout that one lol, but thats what ive been told from my roommate (was in Brattleboro this weekend, my parents, and a few friends who heard it on the news). God, incestor is teh fucking worst place on the planet, well next to Hinsdale.... Seriously, its one huge trailor park with 3 roads with actual houses.

Back