easy/simple CAD Programs

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

K2e2vin

Does anyone know any easy to use CAD Programs? for me, AutoCAD is a little too complicated. Im looking for something like emachineshop's program. Anyone know any?

Thanks

I've only used autocad in the past and at age 15 I was a master at it.

Get yourself a manual or how to work book and it is real real easy after you do a couple of projects.

Hell I designed my first house in autocad up to spec after using it for only 3 months and I did bad in my course. I never could get the name blocks to fit right when plotting the actual thing.

My 7th graders use to use a program called intellecad. You might still be able to get ahold of a copy. Right now my 7th graders are using AutoCad Light.

What are you looking to draw?

Im trying to get runners milled out of a block of aluminum; the shape of the pipe, etc. is too complicated to be made out of piping.

I tried AutoCAD again but I guess I need to learn more. I pretty much need a grid that has 1mm spacing.

It only lets me set up the units. This is 2006 Version btw.

I think I'll just go back to hand-drawn drafts, It's what I know best(and pretty much the only thing I learned; I've never had classes on anything close to AutoCad). I'll let the machinist figure out how to get it into the computer.

AutoSketch isn't bad... But if you want to make good 3d renderings, look for SolidEdge. Its expensive, but if you can find a "copy"... Its great for 3d renderings.

Back