Easy Swap Recommendations 1990 Civic 4dr LX

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

gogzhad

I have a 1990 Civic 4dr LX Sedan w/ 5 spd. The stock motor is now toast. If I'm going to have to replace it, why not upgrade?

I have been reading that the non-VTEC ZC DOHC motor is pretty close to a bolt-in.

What I need is a very easy swap that will provide more power but no serious mods required - I can take on minor wiring changes, but really don't have enough time to take on any cutting/welding. I'd really like as close to plug and play as possible.

My questions are first, is the non-VTEC ZC DOHC really almost a bolt-in, if not, what kinds of mods are needed, and second, is that the best swap for my car, or can anyone recommend a better motor choice.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

yes its a easy swap but i would just spend 1200 bucks and put a b16a in there all you will need is motor mounts shift linkage and axles,and ecu, you will als have to convert to mpfi if your car is not, but other than that its real eay mabe 3 wires tops, this place sales the complete change over kit for your car axles ecu and all, Specializing in JDM-USDM Engines & Parts...hmotorsonline.com

Back