eat this hands on kitchen

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Presentation gets a C at best... Should have put it under the broiler for a few to crisp the top a bit...

And if you want to get laid... Make Fondue... GUARANTEED to get laid.

lol didnt care for presentation just wanted to eat it!

Hamburgers - Hands on Kitchen

if you use ground chuck or basic ground beef from a random store I'm gonna have some midget track you down and punch you in the nuts.

lol Yeah I use ground round with just a little bit of fat. I buy from a local store called "Beef Mart". To you they're probably random, but that's what they specialize in and I've had only good experiances with them. I can get a full rack of spare ribs for 6 bucks. That's well priced around here. What do you think?

lol Yeah I use ground round with just a little bit of fat. I buy from a local store called "Beef Mart". To you they're probably random, but that's what they specialize in and I've had only good experiances with them. I can get a full rack of spare ribs for 6 bucks. That's well priced around here. What do you think?

food cost in the MD area sucks its jumped a lot as with everything else in the last few months.

3 years ago I would find porter house steaks on sale for 4.99 pretty often, now they're 8.99 on sale. Produce is pretty damn high too.

1.99 a lb for an apple? WTF 1.49lb on sale? bah.

As far as the meat you buy, if they grind it there daily then its good to go, just make sure there's enough fat. you really do want a good bit of fat in a burger.

yeah and prices for eggs suck too. gone up to $2 just for medium size!

ok so i tried making the burgers at my friends place instead, and they didnt come out as good :(. and he didnt have half the toppings i would have liked to use. threw some onions in the meat. nothin special. here's a pic, instead of a new thread, cuz they just wern't even up to my standards :p couldnt do presentation or a good lookin burger. i wasnt even gonna take a picture, but half way though i thought aw what the hell, y not...

Nice'N'Thick
1.jpg

and ya, i like my toppings on the bottom. started when i worked at culvers way back. really tastes better!

Just for chits and giggles try making my burgers to the T.

Just for chits and giggles try making my burgers to the T.

sure. i love burgers anyway. maybe it'll be my new favorite. wont find out unless i try. it's friggin cold out here tho. below 0 with the wind chill. i'd much rather grill em then fry them in a pan. probably when warm weather rolls around :)

sure. i love burgers anyway. maybe it'll be my new favorite. wont find out unless i try. it's friggin cold out here tho. below 0 with the wind chill. i'd much rather grill em then fry them in a pan. probably when warm weather rolls around :)

In the recipe I used a indoor stove.

In the recipe I used a indoor stove.

right. but i'd much rather grill them lol. i'm not as good of a burger cook in the pan :( they like to fall apart on me. super juicy and tasty tho. we'll see.... i'll let you know how i do it and how they turn out when it happens.

right. but i'd much rather grill them lol. i'm not as good of a burger cook in the pan :( they like to fall apart on me. super juicy and tasty tho. we'll see.... i'll let you know how i do it and how they turn out when it happens.

Yeah and thats why some of the best rated steaks from restaurants are cooked indoors on pans or griddles.

Is grilling better? if using good product to heat the grill, yes it adds a nice taste, however, you can easily make one hell of a burger indoors, in fact I'd rather have one of my burgers made in a frying pan then any restaurant or backyard of anyone I know in all of MD.

With that being said, if you use good meat, place don't cook that burger past medium.

wed...medium is perfect burger cookin...if it starts getting brown in the center...its pointless.

word. I agree. A good burger is like a good steak, you need a bit of juice, and its best done on/in a stove with a nice crust but a tender center.

Back