EBAY auction

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tab

Super Moderator
Here's the auction

JDM Untouched P28 ECU

This guy is a jackass.

He sent me a USDM, poorly chipped ECU, with numbers that didn't match the picture in the auction.

When I asked him to make it right, he pretty much told me that I modified the ECU and am trying to send it back. Wrong.

I am filing with EBAY for resolution and hopefully I get my money back.

This is the first time I've been ripped off by a person that is just a straight up liar.

:shrug2: shit happens.

well your first problem is buying from a guy that says his ecu is from a "B16z6a motor" <_<

and it says "untouched" ??

I'm not a civic guy, and I figured him to be slightly stupid, which is a great quality in a seller. I didn't care what the auction said besides untouched, P28, and automatic. If those three things were true, I wouldn't mind if he said it came from an AE86.

JDM p28. now THATS a new one.

sorry dude, but you should've known better....

You're right of course.

I didn't know if there even was a JDM, but I didn't give a shit.

I planned on chipping it anyway, but this thing has had a datalogging cable installed, then uninstalled.

The chip socket looks like it might work, but there is no chip installed, and the J1 jumper has been removed.

I have a feeling this guy fucked up the ECU, then cut the jumper and tried to sell it as untouched on Ebay.

$120, I'll live. Just a heads up that this guy is not a good seller to trust. I don't care if he's stupid, as long as he's trustworthy.

My bad.

Just an FYI, but JDM ECU's are much more difficult to socket. USDM ECU's are the one to rechip. B)

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Nov 29 2004, 04:46 PM
put it back up on ebay. lol
[post=423708]Quoted post[/post]​

LOL thats awful.....but what lots of people do IMO...sad :(

Just an FYI, but JDM ECU's are much more difficult to socket. USDM ECU's are the one to rechip.

Don't JDM ECUs run a different "fuel map" (Whatever you call it) since they have higher octane than here in the states?

his latest email: his latest response and our discussion so far. My name is Tyson.

thing about it is, I only have your word it wasn't untouched, and I have the guy I bought it from saying it was untouched. You said you bought it to upgrade it so that's why you opened it. I say this, I know it works, it was tested outside of a vehicle and in a running vehicle so I know it works, so you claiming that it's shoddy work or whatever, only leads me to believe it is your shoddy work, that you are now trying to push back on me. I say it again I'm not the one, you are not playin mad scientist on my computer then gettin your money back, I'm not that nice of a person and I'm in to make money I could gives a damn about feedback, leave the nastiest you can, and expect 10 times worst in return, ask anybody you want, you open a computer that's it...nobody is going to give you a refund after that, unless they're a chump which I'm sure you've found a few of them. only thing I'll leave out of my future auctions is the word untouched, I'll just put I haven't messed with it, and if you do then your assed out. -------------- Original message --------------
First thing.

You listed an email in the auction. Ebay doesn't tell me what address you use for your default.

Secondly, I will be very complete in my explanation to EBAY. I will NOT omit the fact that I opened the ECU to check its "UNTOUCHED" status.

You messed up. I am asking you to fess up to it, and make it right. I have a perfect rating, but I think I can handle one negative from you..........

You've called me names, lied in an auction, and refuse to be a good seller. You also call me a liar, which is not true.

Good luck.

-------Original Message-------

Date: 11/26/04 02:44:36
To: Tyson
Subject: Re: ECU on EBAY

this is the same email you retard. that is the same computer as the one in the picture, you are a moron, it is a JDM it was untouched until you opened it and started messing with it, make sure you don't forget to tell the fraud people THAT YOU OPENED UP THE COMPUTER AND STARTED MESSING WITH IT, don't omit that part in your lil report, and you don't qualify for paypal protection, so like I said in the earlier email i'm not the one, email whoever you want leave any feedback you want, but remember that cuts both ways and I'll be sure to tell people how you tryin to scam somebody, and it is not a viable defense how much I paid for the computer, so keep thinking you know something.

-------------- Original message --------------
Dear nanaof32004,

Hello again.
I am sending this message to your alternate email, just in case you don't check the other one. This is the second message sent to your ebay address.

After looking over your feedback, I've come to a couple of conclusions.....

1 The picture you showed is not the ECU you sent me.
2 This ECU is NOT JDM.
3 This ECU is not untouched.
4 The work done is shabby.
5 You either bought this ECU for $69, or one identical to it.
6 The picture you show isn't the same ECU as the one in your auction.

You can either make this auction right with me, or I will leave negative feedback and contact Ebay fraud department as well as paypal protection. I hope that you decide on the first choice, and do so in a timely manner. I will give you three days to respond.

Thank you, tysonbuying

Ebay is a 'win some, lose some' kinda situation. Every once in a while, you'll get someting that's fucked up. No problem, put it back on Ebay.

I'm pretty sure that theres only like 4 or 5 bad P28's on Ebay, they just keep cycling around.

next email:

me:
OK, now we are getting somewhere.

I did not say that you did the work. I bought this ECU "untouched" for a reason. I wanted to have the work done by a pro. There was a loose screw on the cover, and having done my homework, I know what a modified ECU looks like.

I can tell you this. There is a jumper wire that you connect to make a chip active. That wire has been clipped. The chip socket is inactive. This ECU may work just fine, as you said. Thing is, I want a socketed ECU. However, the work doesn't look good enough to trust. I did not touch any part of the internals. If I added that jumper to test it, I would be modifying the ECU, which I don't want to do. I wanted to send the ECU back to you in the EXACT condition that it came to me. All you have is my word, correct, but look at my feedback. I don't have nearly 90 positive transactions with 100% positive by screwing people. That is better than my word, it's my whole Ebay history.

him:
see now I know you're full of shit for 2 reasons. A:) that is the same computer, I asked the last guy I bought it from to use his picture, so the numbers match and B:) you say it had a loose screw..BULLSHIT!!!!!! that was the first thing I checked when I got it so now you're definitely beat and you keep slipping on what you did while you were in there, you opened and noticed this that and the other, well I asked around the computer you bought even if a socket was installed without a chip it works on a closed loop basically factory setting...which is what I sold it as, a untouched I.E factory modeled computer, which I am not conceding that it was anything but a factory computer with nothing installed until you got it and opened it up. But it functions in that capacity alone it's intended described purpose, nothing more, it was not sold as a modified computer why do you expect it to perform that way???? Also how are you going to pay more for a non socketed computer than one already socketed????? With the socket installed that leaves you to just plug in your custom chip to change the programming of the computer. Basically here's the meat of my arguement...you say it was "touched" Me and the previous owner say bullshit it was pulled out of a stock running car and then sold twice. So with your 90 feedback whoopdee do, between me and him we can account where the com has been since leaving the stock car...so that would put it back onto your shoulders because you are claiming the numbers don't match well that is not possible because it's been bought and sold twice now..and that pic tells the story of what we both recieved it's you that is claiming different. You guys will never learn I'M NOT THE ONE..the one that gave me the neg before tried to scam me into paying extra shipping on a listing he quoted "free shipping" in well he got no money and a nasty negative. Your insignificant negative will not phase me I have one already from a loser scammer...but there goes your perfect lil feedback doesn't it??? The one your bragging about, just like the last scammer, well we see where that got him. My suggestion take your perfectly working computer that you bought...and have a merry christmas, give ebay and paypal my regards, and realize they will do nothing for you..you received what you payed for plain and simple.

me:
You listed in your auction that this ECU was Unopened, and ready for a chip to be installed by a pro. You sent me a different ECU than that in the picture.

I am not going back on anything. I did not touch one part of that ECU on the inside. I merely checked to make sure that I was getting what I paid for. Sure, at first I was like "cool, it's already socketed."

Then I started looking closer, without touching anything. The work is crap. Your seller knows this. Of course he's not going to tell you he lied to you. That ECU had one screw that was noticeably loose. I didn't even need a screwdriver for it.

I don't want a factory setting ECU, but I didn't want a messed up one. You sold me a junk ECU. Now man up, and make good on your auction. You undoubtedly have no sense of honest trade. I gave you $140 of my hard earned money for a product, which you misrepresented. You may not have even known, but I don't know that. I don't really care.

I just want my money back. I don't care about your precious little negative. I do not try to intimidate others in order to steal from them. However, thanks for sending me all those nasty little letters. I'm sure Ebay will take them into consideration.

next email:

me:
OK, now we are getting somewhere.

I did not say that you did the work. I bought this ECU "untouched" for a reason. I wanted to have the work done by a pro. There was a loose screw on the cover, and having done my homework, I know what a modified ECU looks like.

I can tell you this. There is a jumper wire that you connect to make a chip active. That wire has been clipped. The chip socket is inactive. This ECU may work just fine, as you said. Thing is, I want a socketed ECU. However, the work doesn't look good enough to trust. I did not touch any part of the internals. If I added that jumper to test it, I would be modifying the ECU, which I don't want to do. I wanted to send the ECU back to you in the EXACT condition that it came to me. All you have is my word, correct, but look at my feedback. I don't have nearly 90 positive transactions with 100% positive by screwing people. That is better than my word, it's my whole Ebay history.

him:
see now I know you're full of shit for 2 reasons. A:) that is the same computer, I asked the last guy I bought it from to use his picture, so the numbers match and B:) you say it had a loose screw..BULLSHIT!!!!!! that was the first thing I checked when I got it so now you're definitely beat and you keep slipping on what you did while you were in there, you opened and noticed this that and the other, well I asked around the computer you bought even if a socket was installed without a chip it works on a closed loop basically factory setting...which is what I sold it as, a untouched I.E factory modeled computer, which I am not conceding that it was anything but a factory computer with nothing installed until you got it and opened it up. But it functions in that capacity alone it's intended described purpose, nothing more, it was not sold as a modified computer why do you expect it to perform that way???? Also how are you going to pay more for a non socketed computer than one already socketed????? With the socket installed that leaves you to just plug in your custom chip to change the programming of the computer. Basically here's the meat of my arguement...you say it was "touched" Me and the previous owner say bullshit it was pulled out of a stock running car and then sold twice. So with your 90 feedback whoopdee do, between me and him we can account where the com has been since leaving the stock car...so that would put it back onto your shoulders because you are claiming the numbers don't match well that is not possible because it's been bought and sold twice now..and that pic tells the story of what we both recieved it's you that is claiming different. You guys will never learn I'M NOT THE ONE..the one that gave me the neg before tried to scam me into paying extra shipping on a listing he quoted "free shipping" in well he got no money and a nasty negative. Your insignificant negative will not phase me I have one already from a loser scammer...but there goes your perfect lil feedback doesn't it??? The one your bragging about, just like the last scammer, well we see where that got him. My suggestion take your perfectly working computer that you bought...and have a merry christmas, give ebay and paypal my regards, and realize they will do nothing for you..you received what you payed for plain and simple.

me:
You listed in your auction that this ECU was Unopened, and ready for a chip to be installed by a pro. You sent me a different ECU than that in the picture.

I am not going back on anything. I did not touch one part of that ECU on the inside. I merely checked to make sure that I was getting what I paid for. Sure, at first I was like "cool, it's already socketed."

Then I started looking closer, without touching anything. The work is crap. Your seller knows this. Of course he's not going to tell you he lied to you. That ECU had one screw that was noticeably loose. I didn't even need a screwdriver for it.

I don't want a factory setting ECU, but I didn't want a messed up one. You sold me a junk ECU. Now man up, and make good on your auction. You undoubtedly have no sense of honest trade. I gave you $140 of my hard earned money for a product, which you misrepresented. You may not have even known, but I don't know that. I don't really care.

I just want my money back. I don't care about your precious little negative. I do not try to intimidate others in order to steal from them. However, thanks for sending me all those nasty little letters. I'm sure Ebay will take them into consideration.

I still say send him a rotten fish!

Back