ebay craziness

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

aphex301

id like to tell you guess first off im a cheapass, i have no other choice. im 18 and make 60 dollars a week, cleaning up in an autoshop. i have a 1997 civic EX which i pour most of my money into( the rest goes to skateboard stuff and girlfriend). Now my story.

i look on ebay every day to see what kinda cool stuff they have for my car. Ive noticed that a lot of the stuff i see on ebay is much cheaper than most of the crap i find at the local tune shop. Also ebay products seem to be no-name brand or rip-off brands: "dc style" headers , "mugen style" tower bars, etc...

Is this stuff just plain-o-crap or is it the same product without the pricey nametag.
I want to buy a header for my civic, and saving 200 bucks on one sounds very tasty to me(dc header= 300, "dc style" header=150.)

is ebay stuff worth it?

that's like asking if neer-beer has any flavor.....

and will it get you drunk...

Originally posted by Frankie P.@Oct 8 2003, 01:31 AM
I say get a new job if you are only making 60 bucks a week.

im 18 and make 60 dollars a week, cleaning up in an autoshop

werd.

the problem is this: i like my job, i like being around cars, i learn a little bit here and there with cars. Its an easy job for the most part and i like the people i work with.

Im also in school and i take it pretty seriously, i guess. I would like to have time for school, friends, and the girlfriend, rather working 20-30 shitty hour weeks in a Jewel-Osco(aka Albertson's) or McDonalds, and hate my life.

60$ could be a pain to live on for a week, but i dont have to pay rent and my pop helps me on my insurance.

Friend of mine bought one of the dc style headers and the have held up for over a year now, no cracking, flaking (chrome finish), and they sound just the same (I bought the real thing). As far as performance (such as dyno) I have no idea about the numbers. You can get some pretty decent things (non-rice of course) off of ebay for the street but if you plan on making it a real project that you would put in a show and put alot of time into, I'd say go for the brand name. Remember though, if it sounds too good to be true (if someone is claiming that the items are guinuine (sp)) they probably aren't.

60 dollars a week, girlfriend, Civic and hobbies ? You're a financial fucking GENIUS.

even just the Civic would look at $60 a week and laugh

-> Steve

Originally posted by Celerity@Oct 8 2003, 03:27 AM
60 dollars a week, girlfriend, Civic and hobbies ? You're a financial fucking GENIUS.

-> Steve

LMAO! :werd:

Originally posted by Celerity@Oct 7 2003, 11:27 PM

-> Steve

haha!!! reminds me of the 240sx...

Back