EBay ECUs (different question)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

reikoshea

HS Troll...And Mod
VIP
Do you know if the skunk2/spoon chipped ecus use a socket that is compatible with ostrich?

It's a toss-up...if they are actually socketed, the socket will be compatible with ostrich...the socket is gonna be the same regardless of what program/software/hardware/etc you're using...sometimes though, you'll get an ecu from ebay that has the chip soldered directly to the board, with no socket at all.

I wasn't even referring to ZIF's...just sockets in general...

A looooong time ago I got an Ebay chipped ECU that the chip was actually soldered in....no sockets whatsoever...

im thinking about doing that, cause i can get a chipped p72 cheaper than a virgin one. i really need to tune my car cause it is BUGGING THE SHIT OUTA ME!!!

Quoted post[/post]]
Do you know if the skunk2/spoon chipped ecus use a socket that is compatible with ostrich?

Doubtful...most Ebay vendors use what are called 'Dual Wipe' sockets. The Ostrich plugs in best to a machined DIP socket or screw down type ZIF sockets (i happen to sell these) if you need to remove it from time to time.

believe me xenocron, you have my business. ive been plugging you on absoluteprelude.com too. i just wanted to see if i could weezle my way out of buying a virgin p72.

WHO CAN TELL ME WHAT THE DEAL IS WITH MY E-BAY JUN RACE ECU. I GET A VTEC SIGNAL AT THE VTEC SOLENOID AT 4600 BUT DONT FEEL ENGAGEMENT TILL 5900. THEN I RUN MY JDM 38720-P13-N01 ECU AND VTEC ENGAGES RIGHT AT 5100 LIKE IT SHOULD. DONT UNDERSTAND WHY THERES A VTEC SIGNAL & NO VTEC UNTIL 5900. PRETTY WIERD. ANYONE KNOW WHY? SOMEONE KNOW OF A BETTER ECU TO RUN WITH MY H23 VTEC MOTOR?

yeah, a P13. The JUN ecu just adds fuel and timing, it doesnt do anything special. I think you should just get yourself a P28 (or 72 if you wanna keep your IABs) and chip it with a specially made program rather than having one of those junk ECUs.

Also...take off the caps lock...im not in the mood to read caps tonight. GRRR

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

Doubtful...most Ebay vendors use what are called 'Dual Wipe' sockets. The Ostrich plugs in best to a machined DIP socket or screw down type ZIF sockets (i happen to sell these) if you need to remove it from time to time.

Yep Chris. I had the problem with my zif and you hooked me up with one of those screw types. Works a LOT better with the ostrich than the lever type zif. Chris definitely gets my business if I ever need any more tuning stuff.

Back