ebay Exhaust question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Domi31

eBay Motors: ACURA INTEGRA GSR 94-01 STAINLESS N1 CATBACK EXHAUST 96 (item 230157416868 end time Aug-02-07 19:19:59 PDT)

this is what I'm looking at for my LS integra

Either way Im having a muffler shop custom fit my stock muffler on so I could bolt it on and off when ever I feel like it. I do not care to hear my exhaust if I dont have to. And if this system sounds like ass, dont really mind, will only have the straight pipe on when at the track, otherwise the muffler is going to be on.

My goal is to hit a 15sec 1/4 mile in it, thats it. I hit a 16.2 stock. Now have a greddy header (craigs list 100 bucks), egay intake like 30 bucks (still need a decent filter). The only money I put into it is on eibach springs and KYB AGXs(wont go cheap on that:ph34r:) So I do not see why I should spend 300-400 bucks on a cat back. My civic, is the car that I put real money into (see sig). I will also have the muffler shop make my a test pipe, again will only run that at the track.

Do the name brands really out do, these other systems? I mean its freaking piping. Will I get any performance out off these systems over my stock exhaust?
Also will my stock muffler muffle out the sould my larger exhaust?

Different brands will have different sounds, plain and simple. There's nothing wrong with an ebay exhaust, however. I had one EXACTLY like that on my 92 hatch a few years back, I believe it was a Tsudo brand. It fit perfectly, didn't crack or rust, and sounded GREAT.

As far as your stock muffler...if you have a stock muffler you're going to have a stock-sounding exhaust. You aren't going to see any performance increase if you put an exhaust on and then weld on your stock muffler; might as well just keep the stock system if that's what you're planning on.

Different brands will have different sounds, plain and simple. There's nothing wrong with an ebay exhaust, however. I had one EXACTLY like that on my 92 hatch a few years back, I believe it was a Tsudo brand. It fit perfectly, didn't crack or rust, and sounded GREAT.

As far as your stock muffler...if you have a stock muffler you're going to have a stock-sounding exhaust. You aren't going to see any performance increase if you put an exhaust on and then weld on your stock muffler; might as well just keep the stock system if that's what you're planning on.

Yeah that what I was thinking.
As far as the stock muffler I'm going to have the muffler shop fab up the stock muffler as like a "Axle back." So when I drive out in town, I dont have to hear my shit, when I go to the track I'll swap the striaght pipe back on. I figure no point of drawing unwanted attention.
thanks

As far as the stock muffler I'm going to have the muffler shop fab up the stock muffler as like a "Axle back." So when I drive out in town, I dont have to hear my shit, when I go to the track I'll swap the striaght pipe back on. I figure no point of drawing unwanted attention.
thanks

If you're going to do that you might as well just keep your stock exhaust, and run open header when you're at the track.

If you're going to do that you might as well just keep your stock exhaust, and run open header when you're at the track.

:werd:

Why spend $200 on that thing if you're not even going to use the rear section? Just run open header at the track.

:werd:

Why spend $200 on that thing if you're not even going to use the rear section? Just run open header at the track.

They wont let me:disgust1:...
I will only run this on are Wed Night Fun Drags that cost 15 bucks, and cant run open exhaust (even though some old cars do) Sacramento Raceway hates on Imports Wed nights, they dont prep track for shit but better then running on the streets. The good track days cost more and not worth taking a 16 sec car.

Do you like, not care at all what I'm trying to tell you?

And yes, Sac Raceway sucks. I wish they'd go through with the track in Yuba.

been all over craigslist for a cheap one. If people are selling I have had no luck find one yet, why are you trying to sell one?

Off topic: Track in Yuba, I have only heard the one they are putting in Merced County (atwater)

thanks
I have what I believe is the same exact one on my Integra. Mine didn't come with hangers but everything else seems exactly the same. The exhaust sounds great. Yes it is loud at times, yes I failed inspection once because of it, and yes I have been pulled over for it... but that's what the silencer is for. I have never been pulled over once with the silencer on (well not for the exhaust anyway). And I failed inspection for it, pull out, slapped on the silencer, pulled around, and passed.

Back