ebay exhaust systems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jking2986

I just bought a 96 civic ex 4dr. I am wanting to start upgrading it, but I had some questions about items on ebay. There are a lot of products on ebay that aren't name brand, that are really cheap. Is it worth paying the extra 2-300 dollars for name brand stuff or does the no name systems do the same job? Dont really see the point in paying for a brand name if you can get the same performance out of a much less expensive item.

I can understand with things like suspension, but intake, exhaust, headers, how can it make that much of a difference?

i dont know personally i would not get stuff like this from ebay i like brand parts but thats me

it really just depends.... i know that the ebay no-name headers and exhausts often dont fit 100% perfect. look into something like megan for cheap exhaust, or have one made at a muffler shop with mandrel bent parts (maybe buy a kit and take it to them).

now as far as intakes go, i say ebay is the only way to do it. you can pick up short ram or cold air intakes for dirt cheap and they will work just the same as name brand. the filters may leave something to be desired, but you can easily replace them with something nicer.

one other thing i hear people talk about is ebay performance clutches. seems that most people have good experience with these. and they are definitely cheap compared to ACT or clutchmasters, etc. dont know from personal experience though.

i've always ran ebay parts for intake, header, and exhaust. i've never had a lick of problems and they have always fit with no mods necessary. idk but definately don't buy ebay coilovers for your suspension. save y0ur money and buy a nicer set of springs from h & r or something similar for that. intake header exhaust aren't what i consider "moving parts" so i trust them lol.

Yeah thats what I would think. I dont see what difference it would make really as far as performance. I can totally understand something like suspension going with better parts. Thanks for the help.

I have ran ebay intakes and headers on all of my past honda projects and have no complaints. I am also currently using an ebay clutch and light flywheel and I have not had any problems in 40,000 miles. I would stay away from the cheap suspension parts and the cheap turbo kits though... I made the mistake of putting ebay coil overs on my old hatch and they crapped out in about 6 months. Also stay away from ebay ecu chips, did that one on my last hatch and it was not worth the money.

One thing to consider...if you buy a cheapo E-Bay exhaust it's most likely going to be very LOUD. If that's what you're going for, then have at it, but if you want a cheap solution that's a little more low-key, then head to an exhaust shop and have them bend you up some custom piping and install a performance muffler. I would suggest something like Magnaflow, Dynomax, Flowmaster, Vibrant, etc., and I would also suggest an oval-shaped one as opposed to a round one. You'll end up with a better sound that way.

Another alternative is to look for name brand parts ON E-Bay. I've found a ton of name-brand stuff in E-Bay stores for cheaper then anywhere else. I bought my Tokico suspension stuff from an E-Bay seller, and it was cheaper by far then any other website...

One thing to consider...if you buy a cheapo E-Bay exhaust it's most likely going to be very LOUD. If that's what you're going for, then have at it, but if you want a cheap solution that's a little more low-key, then head to an exhaust shop and have them bend you up some custom piping and install a performance muffler. I would suggest something like Magnaflow, Dynomax, Flowmaster, Vibrant, etc., and I would also suggest an oval-shaped one as opposed to a round one. You'll end up with a better sound that way.

Another alternative is to look for name brand parts ON E-Bay. I've found a ton of name-brand stuff in E-Bay stores for cheaper then anywhere else. I bought my Tokico suspension stuff from an E-Bay seller, and it was cheaper by far then any other website...

+1

ebay is great even for buying name brand stuff. Ive heard alot of people having success with ebay exhaust parts..im personally doing that soon. Although, its only a temporary option for me.

I had ebay headers on my car and they fit ok but the flange that connects to the straight pipe I have is in a weird position so it scraped the ground, thats the reason I put the stock ones back on. And for exhaust I can see how the welds can be a little less than perfect...just my two cents.

what about magnaflow, or magnaflow exhaust are they any good?

ive had ebay stuff on my old accord and its not to bad for the price however if you get the exhaust systems stay away from the no name N1 style they sound nice at first but after about 10-12 months they just seem to get louder and louder even with the silencer in it was horrible .... by the way the "brand" that was stamped onto the muffler was focus (in case anyone finds them again)

Back