Ebay exhausts

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

90sihatch

I have a 90 hatch with and ls, and I'm running the stock civic exhaust with a straight pipe, which I can't stand any more. I really dont want to spend 500 or 600 on a catback so I have been looking at the cheap ones on ebay. I also can't stand the 9ft wide openings and fart can sound. I was thinking if I got a decent looking catback on ebay for like 200, that I could cut the huge tip off and put a more respectable one on, but I'm worried that I'm not gonna get much performance gain, and that it's still going to be too loud. Tell me what you think, and throw out any suggestions. thanks

On a stock N/A motor you will not get anything noticeable out of an exhaust system.

Mods like an intake/exhaust/header only pave the way for you to get more power out of more serious mods like camshafts, a stroker kit, nitrous, supercharger, turbo, etc.

Also, cheepo exhausts usually sound like crap.

I would get an RS*R or Apex WS-II if i were you. Those are fairly inexpensive and have good quality. They also look very similar to your stock exhaust system so you avoid the "y0 daw6 Ch3kkkk my h0nD4 !!!!11!11y0n3!!111!1" look.

Quoted post[/post]]
On a stock N/A motor you will not get anything noticeable out of an exhaust system.

Mods like an intake/exhaust/header only pave the way for you to get more power out of more serious mods like camshafts, a stroker kit, nitrous, supercharger, turbo, etc.

Also, cheepo exhausts usually sound like crap.

I would get an RS*R or Apex WS-II if i were you. Those are fairly inexpensive and have good quality. They also look very similar to your stock exhaust system so you avoid the "y0 daw6 Ch3kkkk my h0nD4 !!!!11!11y0n3!!111!1" look.

But wouldn't a stock integra exhaust be larger than the civic? I already have CAI, header, and lightweight flywheel, with either ls vtec or nitrous on the way. What about those Ansa axle back mufflers? they look like they would dampen sound a lot.

If you are gonna invest the time going LSVtec and getting nitrous then get a real exhaust.

Crappy exhausts like the setup's u are describing will only hamper your performance once those other mods are done on your car.

Quoted post[/post]]

Sorry Cash, but that's horseshit. Any aftermarket cat-back exhaust versus an OEM civic exhaust will perform NOTICEABLY better on a swapped motor, even if it's just muffler shop crush-bent 2.25" piping and an Ebay fart can. I have PERSONALLY experienced as much as 3/10 sec. on stock exhaust versus open header, and ran the same times with the catback as the open header.

Also, cheapo exhausts do not necessarily sound like crap. A cheapo exhaust with no cat or no resonator will sound like crap. I had an OBX Evo-style can on the Lude, just a weld-on can, and it sounded fucking nice as shit. Low, quiet, and deep.

I had a Tsudo ebay catback on the 92 hatch, with a stock GSR cat. It sounded really nice...not EXTREMELY deep, but pretty deep, and quiet. The overall construction of it was top-notch as well, and it fit PERFECTLY, even hugged the bumper cutout snugly. If I don't run straight pipe on the CRX when I turbo it, I'm definitely getting another Tsudo.

:thumbsup:

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

Sorry Cash, but that's horseshit. Any aftermarket cat-back exhaust versus an OEM civic exhaust will perform NOTICEABLY better on a swapped motor, even if it's just muffler shop crush-bent 2.25" piping and an Ebay fart can. I have PERSONALLY experienced as much as 3/10 sec. on stock exhaust versus open header, and ran the same times with the catback as the open header.

guess my definition of noticeable isnt the same as urs :).

I will clarify for sake of argument. I dont see a 5hp gain as noticeable. Sure the car feels different, but is it really? Can u really attribute your gain in the quarter to your exhaust? The exhaust provides such a miniscuel ammount of a gain that there are too many factors to take into account with your 3/10sec gain. . . . driver error (not that u suck @ driving, but still), track temp, tire temp, etc.

Yes, I can. When you make close to 10 runs and don't break lower than a 15.1, jack the car up in the parking lot and unbolt the exhaust, and start running consistent 14.8's, I can say with absolute certainty that the shitty stock exhaust made a difference.

Three tenths of a second is VERY noticeable. Have you ever compared a stock exhaust to open header and/or an aftermarket exhaust, back-to-back? No?

OK then. STFU.

I'm with Wil on this one. Even just replacing the stocker on my hatch with a mufflershop crush bent 2" with a generic fartcan got me if nothing else a noticeable gain in throttle response, and I notice the engine runs smoother too.

^ i pry would get 3/10's of a second gain if i gutted a hatchback down to nothing and then bolted that thing on.

Seriously tho - no way in hell i noticed that much of a gain on my coupe . . . granted its heavier and i was only runnin a B16.

If you did then good for u.

Quoted post[/post]]
^ i pry would get 3/10's of a second gain if i gutted a hatchback down to nothing and then bolted that thing on.

Seriously tho - no way in hell i noticed that much of a gain on my coupe . . . granted its heavier and i was only runnin a B16.

If you did then good for u.

Ok, what are you missing here, jackass. ON THE SAME FUCKING NIGHT AT THE TRACK I was running a STOCK EXHAUST on my BONE STOCK OBD0 B16 in a 98 Fo-Do. I was running 15.1, 15.2, 15.1, 15.3, this went on for about 10 or so runs. I pulled in the parking lot and unbolted the exhaust.

NOTHING CHANGED OTHER THAN THAT.

I didn't gut the car in the parking lot. There wasn't a sudden coldfront that whipped in all of a sudden.

THE ONLY THING THAT CHANGED WAS THE EHXAUST.

Understand that just because all your douchebag friends say 'You don't get any gains from just an exhaust' and 'ebay exhausts suck no matter what', THAT DOESN'T MAKE IT TRUE...

Just about ANY fucking aftermarket exhaust will flow better than a stock Honda exhaust.

If you don't know what flavor the kool-ade is, then get the fuck up outta the pool.

So you shouldn't waste time getting an aftermarket exhaust, because even though it flows better it won't make a shit of difference?

:huh:

My car didn't FEEL any faster...but the e/t's don't lie.

So in your experience, what difference, whether it be dyno hp or e/t, has any change in exhaust made?

^ With my old B16 Coupe, i put a thermal R&D exhaust on the car after the swap.

Aside from the sound which i hated, it made the car feel slightly more responsive . . . but as i said, in my experience (which i will admit isnt much) i just found it harder to believe that the difference was worth as much as you stated.

But hey, every car is different and every car respons differently to mods (there is some variation among identical motor's). Maybe i just got the short end of th stick on that one?

Quoted post[/post]]

I had a Tsudo ebay catback on the 92 hatch, with a stock GSR cat. It sounded really nice...not EXTREMELY deep, but pretty deep, and quiet. The overall construction of it was top-notch as well, and it fit PERFECTLY, even hugged the bumper cutout snugly. If I don't run straight pipe on the CRX when I turbo it, I'm definitely getting another Tsudo.

:thumbsup:
i have a tsudo N1 style on the integra that i picked up for i think 250 shipped. sounds great in my opinion. mandrel bent, resonator, and real nice welds on everything. great sound just driving around, a little loud for the highway, but thats why it came with a silencer.

it was something like this, Ebay

i have an egay muffler. 2.25 crushed piping and an 18" resonator hooked up to a $99 focuz header....a little raspy before the car warms up...then its smooth with a little droan..190 bucks..but the RS*R exmag is the shit...

ACTUALLY:

Ebay exhausts are generally over glorified glass packs. which, with 3 inches ID, will out flow any other muffler out there. Sure, they sound like total ass.. But when talking flow, those little fuckers are hard to beat. (for the record, no, I would never install one on my car, because they DO sound like ass)

And, our little hondas, when you go from stock exhaust to open headers, actually gain around 10hp. Which I believe is pretty fucking significant on a low hp motor..

And to suggest RS*R as a non-expensive exhaust alternative is just assinine. rsr is fucking expensive like whoa.

I found that flowmaster makes a muffler that looks nice and almost stock. They can be had application specific (not just a universal muffler, but one that was designed specifically for that car) for around $150.
BUT, I have not heard one on a honda, and I believe it was pissedoffsol who said they sound like a pop corn machine... Haven't had any second opinions on that yet.

I have a 90 hatch with and ls, and I'm running the stock civic exhaust with a straight pipe, which I can't stand any more. I really dont want to spend 500 or 600 on a catback so I have been looking at the cheap ones on ebay. I also can't stand the 9ft wide openings and fart can sound. I was thinking if I got a decent looking catback on ebay for like 200, that I could cut the huge tip off and put a more respectable one on, but I'm worried that I'm not gonna get much performance gain, and that it's still going to be too loud. Tell me what you think, and throw out any suggestions. thanks

i can vouch for the tsudo exhausts on ebay
i have a 90 hatch with a d16z6 and i got a head back stainless system off of ebay for around 450 shipped to my front door...
sounds decent, has a big tip but also came with the silencer...

i;m very happy with it, it looks good, performs well and hasn;t shown any signs of wear yet...

Back