ebay front strut/rear/tie rods replicas

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ebay sells these replica mugen front strut bars for 30+s&h.

i went to mugen's site and they sell their front strut bars for 200-300.

does anyone know how well the replicas perform compared to the real ones? i wish they had some performance data sheets or something...

They don't other then the logo. The Ebay bar has big hinges on them, while the true Mugen's are solid with no hinges.

Hinges on strut bars suck. Basicly they keep the towers from moving in a horizontal direction, but they can still move in a vertical direction. The idea bracing makes it so that there is no movement in either direction.

Probally the best bar that does this for the money is the Nuespeed 4 point bar. I have seen actual stores sell them for less then 100. Also in dual wishbone suspension setups, the most force is applied to the upper control arm, NOT the shock mount. In Mcfearson strut setups, its the other way around. Because many cars are Mcfearson strut, this style of strut bar carried over to honda's even though it was almost useless.

lmao at data sheet

ya dude buy the ebay replicas save yourself the $$

all my underbody strut bars are from ebay but i paid full price
so i could sport the greddy strut bar under my hood

Originally posted by turboB20hatch@May 23 2004, 08:43 PM
lmao at data sheet

haha yeah, i don't play around when it comes to braking and suspension.
i want the most for my money. im not building a show car so brand names aren't too important. as long as the replicas perform almost as well as the brand names, i'm fine with that.

Sprint Performance also makes a 4-point strut bar thats solid like the Neuspeed ones. they are fairly cheap...$86 for the front upper bar. try there.

Originally posted by xs2kx@May 23 2004, 10:28 PM
my $15 strut bar does just fine......gotta love ebay

it depends on what your looking for. If your looking for a basicly show peice, ebay's what your looking for. If your looking for a bar that actually improves chassis stiffness, neuspeed, Carbing, Mugen, ect are what you should look at.

my bar was like $20, and produced a noticable increase in chassis stiffness. However it a.) could have produced a better one. b.) could be stronger. I'm sure if I push it real hard it wll bend. But, I have to say, for 20$ it's alot of bang for the buck

1. I've seen no-name eBay bars bend under hard cornering
2. I noticed a HUGE difference between a $35 hinged eBay bar and a $90 Neupeed bar with no joints
3. "Replica" bars are there just to make money on the fake name and looks- they're not designed with any performance in mind at all

Back