eBay (gripforce) Clutch Review

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

VTECin5th

Administrator
So i am cheap and thought... hmm i could use a new clutch.
I got on ebay and found some clutches made by "F1 GripForce"... sounds bad right?
I did my basic google research and ebay feedback checks, and everything came back as positive, so i thought i'd give it a try.
I ordered the Stage 2 kit just with the impression that Generic Stage 2 ~ Decent "stage 1"...
Well i am actually very impressed with it....
The shipping was 2 day shipping from cali to az.
It is a Kevlar disc in the stage 2 kit.
The grab is PERFECT for my car's setup (b16 + bolt ons/95 coupe).
The pedal is soft but the grab is hard, the disc is meaty, and the pressureplate looks like the rest of them.
The kit was $147 shipped for the b16 stage 2 or 3 (stage 3 is a 6puck sprung) , and they have a cheaper "stage 1" kit as well.
Some of them are as low as $97+shipping.
Just thought i'd give a heads up to anyone looking to buy something better than OEM and cheaper than ACT.
I'm pretty impressed with it,and haven't even had the chance to beat on it yet.
(This went on with my Clutch Masters LW flywheel as well)
PS: The flywheel is nice too

[For future searching purposes: Grip Force GripForce Clutch Stage Series]

You can get Exedy clutches just as cheap. I'm glad you're satisfied- and I hope you don't ever have any problems.

Yea, i'm actually in the market for a clutch for my build & was thinking about going with a cheap0 ebay clutch but decided against it. Just don't trust the quality & if the company will stand behind the product.

Exedy did catch my eye for the price & the fact that its OEM :thumbsup: so yay for quality but I keep hearing that they don't hold up to abuse. A couple of hard launches & they begin to slip. Not that I think i'll beating the piss out of my car but I would like to know if I decided to or tracked it, I won't have to tow the thing home.

Clutchmasters stage 3 gets my vote. Kevlar material (easy on lightweight aluminum fly) & stock pedal feel. Another company i'm hearing good things about is action clutches.

ACT I said no to because I believe they use ceramic or cerametallic disk, in which case from my research ceramic will eat an aluminum flywheel to shit. Plus CM pedal pressure > ACT
jus ma 2 cents holmes

I'll let you guys know how it stands up to abuse after a couple hundred miles. :p
Blanco has me a little worried though

Last edited by a moderator:
Quoted post[/post]]
I thought they sent me the wrong clutch kit so I contacted them, a little upset. I didn't know that the D17 clutch kits were the exact same as the D16. Instead of being professional and correcting my error dude just repeated the same immature paragraph five times and then said, I shit you not, "got it yet you fucking idiot? go try to ruin someone else's reputation you asshole." All I said was, "you sent me the wrong clutch kit and now I'll have to buy one from a store, I can't begin to tell you what an inconvience this is, I'm not asking for anything due to how long ago the auction was won I just wanted to let you know." That was his reaction and I didn't even ask for anything. I can't even imagine what he would've been like if I told him that the clutch failed in some way.

I will gladly pay more for better service. Being a salesman myself, I get really irked at shitty salespeople and bad customer service.
I agree with the pay a little more for better stuff, they were fine with me, and it shipped in 2 days with all the correct parts and just as pictured.
Did you end up using the clutch or no?
Shitty to hear though.

I bought a few ebay clutches never from that specific seller but ya know.

NEVER had a problem with any of them. If anything, I'd almost reccomend them.

yeah i had a exedy oem clutch brand new and it slipped like a bitch,but i got a gripforce stage 1 and it was perfect never had a problem with slippage again!

Back