ebay header

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

It's SMSP actually, check it out: Headers

Their H22 header is $1,150. Oh, and they're not the same thing as Hytech, totally different company: Hy Tech Exhaust----The Leader in Race Exhaust Technology

It is a shit-load of money to pay for a header, but they actually do make decent power on H22s. SMSP's H22 header makes 20 wheel horses, so probably more like 25-30 at the crank. And that's just bolt it on and go, no other modifications or tuning considered. If you're looking to build a nasty N/A car, then a header like that is actually a decent investment.

I agree with you though, for that much money I'd rather buy a turbo...

Thank you so much for posting about the SMSP. Though I have no intent in going all motor, it's nice to know what the header actually is. Rep point for you. :thumbsup:

Thanks for posting those links too. Again, I may not use them, but will save them for a rainy day, when someone else might need them. :D

Did anyone make it past the first line of my post? I tried to make it clear that on serious all motor applications, it is very justifiable, or, if you have the money. Otherwise, A GSR with bolt ons does not need a $1000 header.

Did anyone make it past the first line of my post? I tried to make it clear that on serious all motor applications, it is very justifiable, or, if you have the money. Otherwise, A GSR with bolt ons does not need a $1000 header.

I guess that answers some of my questions. but 20 whp sounds great.... but again its a $1,000 header. I'm thinking about staying NA for a while but i'd like to build up no a nice NA H22.

Right, and I completely agree. My point was (and I guess I should have stressed it more) is that those expensive headers on an H22 make more power than they do on the smaller engines, so they're not a horrible investment.

But yeah, I agree, for a DD'd B16/B18 a header like that is overkill. On a side-note though, there was some company making exact replicas of Hytech's tri-y B-series header and selling them on Ebay and Team Integra, they were like 3 or 400 bucks, not bad considering the originals were closer to a grand...

I bought mine cause I had a crack in my exhaust manifold and the finish did change color like the first time I drove the car, but on my downpipe its still all chromed out. I will admit that they do add power but no way do they add as much as those $1000 headers would but I'm sure you could find some used megan or dc headers for much cheaper. just look around. I would have much rather gotten them but my check engine light wouldn't go off because the crack in my manifold was right by the o2 sensor.

I'm using a Megan header on my car and I'm very satisfied with it. They're basically just DC copies for half the price. DC/Megan headers aren't great, but they're much more durable than the cheap-o E-Bay ones, and the fit and finish is very nice. I'd recommend them to anyone looking for a decently-priced, decent quality header that doesn't want to go the DC route...

I have always heard good things about megan. And besides if your going n/a go with megan at the very least. ebay is cheap if something breaks and you need an immediate replacement.

I'm using a Megan header on my car and I'm very satisfied with it. They're basically just DC copies for half the price. DC/Megan headers aren't great, but they're much more durable than the cheap-o E-Bay ones, and the fit and finish is very nice. I'd recommend them to anyone looking for a decently-priced, decent quality header that doesn't want to go the DC route...

Man Brutal, you are all over it man. I was asked about DC the other day and yeah, you once again answered my question. If you would please message me your fax number, I'll be sure to fax you some more rep points. :thumbsup:

dc is good and bad it just depends on where you want your power and what your comparing them to

where does dc provide the most power compared to megan?
no clue but, like lets compare the dc race header to the jackson race header one is 200 bucks the other is 900, the dc will out perform the jackson up top.

ive always agree with Brutel and iam not gonna stop now.... ive personally ran a Megan header on my cars and never had issues.... they have thick flanges, and really clean and great welds..... iam going on 2yrs with mine and its not showing any distress...... also i would stay away from SS Autochrome on ebay... the welds suck... but you can re-weld and they do wonders.... but Megan is still some great material for what you pay

Megan Racing

Megan headers are alright. Better than stock, but not as good if you spend $200 on a nice header. That said, I had the downpipe gasket blow out of mine, easy fix, but it took a while to figure out what it was. But for $60, not a big deal.

When I buy another civic as a toy, I'm putting megan headers on it, just I'll make my own downpipe gasket.

Which gasket are you talking about exactly? The one between the two portions of the header, or the one connecting the header downpipe to the cat?

The one that goes between the two pieces of header. It blew out within a few miles.

Engine -> gasket -> top piece -> (RIGHT HERE) -> Bottom piece -> gasket -> cat

Huh, that's really wierd. I've never had a problem with that gasket on mine. The problem I had was that they sent me a flat paper-type gasket to go between the header and the cat, and it actually requires one of the thick, rounded donut-type gaskets...

shoot i guess i'll share my experiance too

i got an ebay header from K2 Motorsports for my B16. it did not fit right. they bent the pipes wrong it seems. the pipes would run into the clutch slave cylinder bleeder valve. it was so dumb. they didnt help power any either of course (once i modifed it to fit for a lil while till it gave me too many issues...)

now i only bought it because it was 40 bucks, and looked better than my stocker. well the stock one is on again. it was only because i'm going turbo...not wasting the money on a badass header.

:cliffs:
Fuck Ebay Bullshit

I think the OBX is probably about as good as dc... I have an HP racing header (cost like 235 at my motorsports place... I think it is superior to the DC... and at least 100 bucks cheaper...) OBX is cheaper still, give it a try.

Back