Ebay Hotness of the week.

Hot or Not???

• Hot

Votes: 11 91.7%
  • Not

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Question,

So you can import a 15 year old car to Canada w/out changing anything or a 15 year old car to the US w/out changing anything . . .? Is this law for the US or Canada?

Canada just gets them. It's not a matter of regulations. the US is the one full of regulations.

Canada has all sorts of wierd shit.. like Si civics are rare as hell there. Go figure.

si civic's are EX's in canada. hardly rare.

our si = cdm sir

Importing a Canadian-Certified Vehicle as a Conforming Vehicle under Box 2B
To be imported free of restriction, a motor vehicle less than 25 years old must be originally manufactured to comply with all applicable Federal motor vehicle safety standards (FMVSS) and bear a label certifying such compliance that is permanently affixed by the vehicle’s original manufacturer. A motor vehicle that bears a label certifying compliance with all applicable Canadian motor vehicle safety standards (CMVSS), but not with the FMVSS, can still be imported as a conforming motor vehicle under Box 2B on the HS-7 Declaration form to be presented to U.S. Customs and Border Protection (Customs) at the time of entry if the following requirements are met:
  • The vehicle is being imported for personal use and not for resale;
  • The vehicle is not a salvage vehicle, a repaired salvage vehicle, or a reconstructed vehicle;
·The importer obtains a letter from the vehicle’s original manufacturer, on the manufacturer’s letterhead (and not that of a franchised dealer), identifying the vehicle by vehicle identification number (VIN) and stating that the vehicle conforms to all applicable FMVSS except for the labeling requirements of Standards Nos. 101 Controls and Displays and 110 Tire Selection and Rims or 120 Tire Selection and Rims for Motor Vehicles other than Passenger Cars, and/or the specifications of Standard No. 108 Lamps, Reflective Devices, and Associated Equipment, relating to daytime running lamps.

Note: To be imported underBox 2B a motor vehicle must be certified by its original manufacturer as complying with all applicable CMVSS. Certain vehicles that are at least 15 years old that are not so certified can be imported into Canada without restriction. Such vehicles may not be imported into the United States under Box 2B.
After reading this it kinda got me hyped up but it still seems as if you cant get these cars into the states all that easy... **still researching...

Check this out as well:::
Docket/Document Information
-Although the docket status is still pending...

Last edited:
After reading this it kinda got me hyped up but it still seems as if you cant get these cars into the states all that easy... **still researching...

Check this out as well:::
Docket/Document Information

hahaha, is that from the link i sent you? glad i could help. i really want an r32 also. but i think i will wait for a couple more years and get an r33.

hahaha, is that from the link i sent you? glad i could help. i really want an r32 also. but i think i will wait for a couple more years and get an r33.

Your link helped me and I learned the correct term to use to search in google for more detailed information.... and then found those two sites I posted... I know people have r33's r32's here but not sure how they did it still... I dont think its fully legal just yet...

Last edited:
Your link helped me and I learned the correct term to use to search in google for more detailed information.... and then found those two sites I posted... I know people have r33's r32's here but not sure how they did it still... I dont think its fully legal just yet...

to get them to canada is the easy part. getting them into the united states is hard. there is a whole list of modifications. brakes, glass, door reinforcement. a whole lot of stuff. don't import it yourself. just find someone selling one that is already legal and registered.

ya motorex.com use to do it not sure if they do anymore but it cost's like 30k for an r34 25k for an r33 and 20k for an r32 just do do the modifications... i hear motorex wasnt doing it properly and isnt allowed anymore...

ya motorex.com use to do it not sure if they do anymore but it cost's like 30k for an r34 25k for an r33 and 20k for an r32 just do do the modifications... i hear motorex wasnt doing it properly and isnt allowed anymore...

it goes way more in depth than that. the owner was charged with several counts of fraud, drug trafficking, contempt, false info to a police officer, racketeering. this was a big deal. they got into some serious shit.

The wifee wants an R32, what would you do at the drive thru. I'd pimp it in reverse!

i just go in. or make sure i have a passenger. when i'm at the track, i reach through the sunroof to get my timeslips.

Back