eBay Kit Analysis

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i'm going to be the first to tell you what you already know, you get what you pay for. you are going to get a no name turbo. i wouldn't trust it. most turbos cost more than those whole kits.

second, it's all knock off stuff. they are going to sell real shit for so cheap.

third, i don't see any oil return lines or anything like that. the kits aren't complete.

I would be willing to bet the manifolds are shit. you can hide poor fabrication by making it shiny.

you can build a kit yourself that is more reliable with parts you trust for less.

Homemadeturbo.com

I'd rather throw a ridiculously large shot of NOS on my car, have fun for about a minute or two until it broke. eBay turbo kits are such a waste.
Personally, I'm going to get a turbonetics GT28RS and wastegate off of ebay, then find a mani, buy an HKS ssqv (i like the way they sound), then find an intercooler and do my own bends. Take care of the oil return lines & such, those aren't too difficult.
The only thing ill take my car into a shop for is tuning. Even by going the cheap route, ill end up paying somewhere around 4g's for the whole setup. You just can't build a reliable turbo setup... for $800.
i read this osomewhere, the triangle of cars or something like that, you can only have 2 of these:
reliable
cheap
fast

i do see a return in the second kit. the problem is that the kits are not for a specific car and will require modification to fit. the manifolds are the worst on the market. sometimes they work most of the time they dont. i am running one of the tial knockoffs on my d16 and seems to be just fine. i would suggest looking into another kit and buying your own parts like, fmic, bov, feed and return lines. look into complete kits away from ebay. if its polished most likley its trash.

Alright, cool. I just wasn't sure if there were any legit kits being sold on eBay at all. Most look like those two unless it's a custom setup from a private seller and not some mass marketing company.

What's the HF manifold good too? I can't imagine 300WHP.

B16/B18 Manifold <Here....
600 x 300 x 76 mm Bar and Plate Intercooler
3" Intercooler Piping
Type-S BOV
Gaskets and Bolts
Fits:
  • 88-00 Honda Civic
  • 93-91 Honda Del Sol
  • 88-91 Honda CRX
  • 90-01 Acura Integra <...here
with a HONDA D-SERIES ENGINE. D16, D17, D18 , D20 <...AND HERE

Just think twice before you waste your money on those XS power turbos...

Alright, cool. I just wasn't sure if there were any legit kits being sold on eBay at all. Most look like those two unless it's a custom setup from a private seller and not some mass marketing company.

What's the HF manifold good too? I can't imagine 300WHP.

to me the hf manifold is kinda ghetto. just buy a log manifold. people have made up to 400whp on those and only cost around $200 shipped. plus if you buy a manifold from someone you could alway send it back to have a dp made for the specific turbo you have.

your probably better off going custom then picking up a ebay kit. if you look around for deals you can pull off a good kit for cheap.

just because ssauto isnt selling it, doesnt mean it isnt made by the same ching chong company as the ssauto stuff.....

are people getting stupid? NEVER buy ebay turbos under ANY circumstances!!! they are shit. even the people who sell the stuff know that. i wrote an e-mail to one of the companies and got a reply from some dude that said not to buy their shitty turbo kits. it's sad that people have to try to screw the public like that all the time

Back