Ebay kit

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

its for tho's peeps who really like to do it them selfs

Originally posted by JDMPlaya@May 26 2004, 09:45 AM
I guess, Might as well buy a manifold cut it up and re weld and say HEY i made my own manifold

then you realize you wasted money shortly after you realized you cant weld :p

So how come this manifold kit just loops back the exhaust into the other cylinders? No exit shown, unless you only hook up 3 cylinders!

are you retarted???

you need to cut out the outlet where ever you put the radius plate...

its not shown cause its a custom DIY so you can place the turbo on the manifold as per your specifications/turbo/engine bay clearance...

So how come this manifold kit just loops back the exhaust into the other cylinders? No exit shown, unless you only hook up 3 cylinders!

bahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You guys are all retards. Go back to installing air filters and stickers and leave the fabrication to those that know what the deal is.

That's a fair price for those parts. Figure ~$50 to have the flanges cut and ~$50 for the pipe.

No shit there's no hole for the turbo. You have to cut your own hole because those pipes aren't designed for a Honda manifold. They're just generic scedule 40 weldable steel pipe that happens to work well as a turbo manifold. Also, notice how the port spacing on the flange is closer than how those parts line up, even without spaces? Guess what... you'll have to cut them down to fit.

One of the most interesting things I'm seeing lately is that when doing custom modifications, people expect the parts to fit PERFECTLY and bitch and moan and call the parts junk if they require even the slightest bit of modification to fit. Guess what... it's part of the job. If you can't handle this aspect, stay out of the garage.

No, it's not pointless... if you're going to fab up your own manifold, that kit saves you the time of running around to McMaster Carr for the tubing, and then to a local machine shop to have the flanges cut. You're not going to spend any less if you do that, than buy the whole thing from that auction.

Originally posted by JDMPlaya@May 26 2004, 03:24 PM
:withstupid: All I'm saying is that kit is pointless might as well buy one already fabricated.

a prefabbed log will generally cost you $250 - $300
this one and some welding skills will cost you $120

and like reckedracing said, this one allows you to customize it to your needs

Agreed.

McMaster's catalog is teh shit.

I work in a shop, and have access to the tools, and the knowledge to pull it off succsessfully. I could make that flange in <1 hour. That doesn't mean that someone else with inferior tools wouldn't take much longer.

That is not a steal, but it is a VERY fair price, saving you time and money. :nod:

I thought about making something similar to that for my engine, since it would be easy. I could even use stainless tubing. Too bad my engine isn't optimal for boost. :(

Back