Ebay of the day - so clean

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

emailed the owner. he said the reserve is "over 10k". so i don't know if that is his minimim reserve or if it is higher.

if it was $7,000, i would seriously consider. very seriously consider it. i drive about 20 miles a week, i would be ok with having this sit in my garage.

emailed the owner. he said the reserve is "over 10k". so i don't know if that is his minimim reserve or if it is higher.

if it was $7,000, i would seriously consider. very seriously consider it. i drive about 20 miles a week, i would be ok with having this sit in my garage.

I was able to get a 96 s14 with an sr, lsd, fmic, etc for $6500 in 2004... the US dollar hasnt inflated this much.

that nissan is worth $10,000, but he wont get it. it appears to be very well built, but the paradox of built cars is, anybody who wants it, can't afford it. and those who can afford it, can afford something better or to just build it themselves.

or they are like me, i can afford it, but dont' want to pay what he hopes to get for it. like i said, if it's $7,000, it's probably in my garage in 2 weeks.

that car is just about everything i wanted my nissan to be. except mine had an sr and was RHD. this one has paint and a ka. lol

i could care less if its swapped or not, but as a former KA24de owner, i would never spend a dime on that motor. what a turd.

My roomate has a built KA-T. Put down 408 to the tire on a mustang dyno. What a horrible car to drive. My hatch, with it's old stock itr, could hang up to 70 or 80. The problem with the KA is that it can't rev high (bad r/s ratio) or breath well (shitty head). without major work. With a GT3071 his car made boost at 4200 and redlined at 6500 or so. The stock trans has very short gearing too, so you can barely get power down till high speed.

The stock trans has very short gearing too, so you can barely get power down till high speed.

Stock trans is 410 gears. Some owners use the j30 lsd (easy junkyard/ebay find) which has 390 gears. Both are great on the sr20det, but unfortunately not on the kA.

My roomate has a built KA-T. Put down 408 to the tire on a mustang dyno. What a horrible car to drive. My hatch, with it's old stock itr, could hang up to 70 or 80. The problem with the KA is that it can't rev high (bad r/s ratio) or breath well (shitty head). without major work. With a GT3071 his car made boost at 4200 and redlined at 6500 or so. The stock trans has very short gearing too, so you can barely get power down till high speed.

yeah, it's a shit motor with a shit power train with a shit head and shit electronics.

It should run on diesel. for real

The SR isn't 'great' by any means, but it's 1000 times better than the ka.

These all should have come with the rb20de on base models and rb20det on a turbo/se trim.

The SR isn't 'great' by any means, but it's 1000 times better than the ka.

These all should have come with the rb20de on base models and rb20det on a turbo/se trim.

Well of course. With electric fans, theres much more room in the engine bay for an RB instead of an SR. But hey, the jap market didnt even get that option ;).

My 240 still did low 13s with a stock sr/bolt ons. Its a good motor. Incredible? No.. but definitely good.

Stock trans is 410 gears. Some owners use the j30 lsd (easy junkyard/ebay find) which has 390 gears. Both are great on the sr20det, but unfortunately not on the kA.

lol I helped him throw one in before the snail went on. Heres a shietty video of the roommates car. Edit - had the motor fully built and it blew up within 200 miles. The cylinder walls quickly became ovals. Had it re-done and it still smokes nicely under boost.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jvbs0EU7zBg

Last edited:
It does - and that being said, a car is the worst investment ever.

Back