ebay & paypal hacked

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i read paypal wasnt compromised, just eBay

Also, those of you that use the same password for all of your accounts change those passwords as well. If/when they get the plain text out of of this breach the hash/plain text will be added to rainbow tables and such to be ran against email and financial accounts.

yup, its more "change everything else that uses same email/pass combos" then it is change ebay/paypal

They are one and the same from a corporate financial level. The companies are still run very separately from a development and operations perspective. I've worked with a few guys from PayPal in their office.

so friggin change it anyways. the shit happened in march. who knows what got out between then and now.

FYI, this shit is very real. About a week ago I got an email from PayPal saying I had just sent $200 to some person I'd never heard of before. I filed a claim and they got it back to me fairly quickly, but still...scary...

I use the same crappy password for forums but that's about it. All banking stuff is a pita PW that half the time I forget.

I'm still waiting for Ebay and Paypal to send me an e-mail asking me to change my password, so far ebay has it listed when you log in to change it, but paypal says nothing about it.

you waited on ebay to mail you to change your password? lol.

i think they are talking about the confirmation email that contains the link you have to click to be able to change it.

but thats weird, ebay sent my conf email immediately.

most companies send you a verification email to make sure it's really you...

otherwise anyone with your username could just change your password.

Back