Ebay Scam

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hcivic.com

Newest scam

Sombody found a bilge pump that looks like a turbo some poor kid is gonna waste some good cash on this thing

I find it funny because yes it's a rip off, but if you actually took the time to design a system it would work. I've thought about it myself but to actually get an electric blower capable of producing a positive pressure ia almost as expensive as a turbo itself.

Originally posted by CRX-YEM@May 13 2003, 04:10 PM
I find it funny because yes it's a rip off, but if you actually took the time to design a system it would work. I've thought about it myself but to actually get an electric blower capable of producing a positive pressure ia almost as expensive as a turbo itself.

I was looking into brushless cobalt magnet DC motors, but I don't think they are capable of producing enough power unless they are run through a transmission. At that point it just isn't worth it.

i don't know about an electric powered turbo but there's an article in SCC about a turbo's turbine being driven by hydraulic fluid....... it's manufactured by Garrett ... check out the June 2003 issue

okay,
go to your local home and garden store
buy a nice Homelite air blower
relocate your battery and zip-tie the blower in its spot
pull the cord to start the blower
some how ghetto-rig the two throttles together
have fun!

Back