Ebay seller to avoid

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

xj0hnx

I wanna be sedated
VIP
JarcoInc, because anyone that can't support the people that insure they can make a living, because it isn't convenient shouldn't be allowed to breed.

Me:interested in EG6 rear section, what do you charge for shipping to an APO?

Jarco INC.:Sorry, but we use UPS, and they do not ship to APO's.

Me:Thanks for supporting the troops :thumbsdown:

Jarco INC.:Yes, because it is important to have a trunk setup in the military.

Me: We have no control over where we serve our country. Our country offers us postage at about continential US rates.

So serving my country means we shouldn't have a hobby? Thanks, I'll be sure to pass your sentiments along to the forums I moderate, and post on.
-----------------------------------

No response after that, I even wrote back saying he could have at least ask me where I was stationed and worked from there.

Sorry, just ranting

Where are they located? I'd be happy to reroute the part on to you. I've come across a few sellers that are really attached to their UPS software support and pickup, and didn't want to use USPS for me instead. One guy just didn't want to go to a post office at all. He said that he didn't have the time.

I am in Germany UPS delivers here, but he didn't even ask. I'm not sure about UPS, but I know my dads FedEx account is discounted even overseas.

that sucks,

when i had a laptop shipped to me in the military, i had to back out of 2 different auctions cuz the fucker wouldnt ship it on base.

ok, being an Ebay seller myself....

im not flaming you 92....

but, shipping is a motherfucker. when you got 20+ auctions ending every single day, and you ONLY use one shipping company, going out of your way to ship using a different service is a pain in the ass....

trust me. I ship to APO's myself, but this is ONLY because it is the u.s. military and the shipping medium that I use (usps) does ship to the military. and because I can, i do support the military....(regardless of my personal feelings about them)
military guys are out there risking their lives, and regardless of whether or not i believe what is right or wrong.....the guys and gals are still americans.

with all that said, i dont particularly like shipping international. this is due to the fact i got to go stand in line in the post office, fill out the customs forms etc etc etc....its a pain in the ass.

so i can see where that seller is coming from.

Well, the fact is UPS does deliver to my house, so if he wanted to be a stand up guy, he could have asked where I was stationed, then he could have shipped to there, at the extra cost of course, if we had decided to go forward. But his attitude was not called for, didn't even try to figure something out.

and another question...

i got a buyer whose address is of APO origin...

i never shipped to apo before...

so how much does it cost to ship to apo? same as domestic or?

Yea, it is the same, maybe a cunt hair more. I can ship a set or rims with no tires for around $20 in two boxs parcel. And postage on a 10lb brake booster cost $14.05 priority from Import Auto Salvage.

in my shameless quest to self-promote.....

is there any way I can advertise and reach the thousands of military people around the world?

I think I might be onto something if the general public is wary or unwilling to ship to APO addresses....

who cares anyways? the buyer pays for the shipping...

Originally posted by Tonyd0821@Feb 23 2004, 08:36 AM

who cares anyways? the buyer pays for the shipping...

That's what I'm saying, and no, there really is no way to target military members other than MAYBE taking out ads in the military newspapers, also most of the networks are websensed against online auctions (at work).

can you give me a few good military sites where the majority of millitary guys and gals spend their online time when overseas?

fuckit, ill just link them to my homepage 101deals.com and give them my ebay link to click.

hope the governement wont censor my auctions.....clothing sales wont be censored?

Online auctions as a whole are censored, you can't even log onto ebay during the day. You can try Yahoo chat rooms, but other than that, don't really know of one place were they congregate.

thanks for the headsup...

now that I think about it...

one of my ex ex ex girlfriends is dating a guy who is stationed in Iraq....

she posts messages to him on yahoo's chat board.

maybe (if i dont get flamed for trying to make a quick (but honest) buck)
ill try creating a few thread in the military section.

Back