1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ebay suspension

Discussion in 'Wheels / Suspension / Tires / Brakes' started by lostsoulzprophet, Jul 1, 2010.

1. lostsoulzprophet

lostsoulzprophet delslow

ok so here is my idea. i need new suspension. shocks etc. so i figured i dont have alot of money and i dont like the sitting on cut springs idea. so my idea. is go ebay start with coilovers. get .struts w/e u wanna call them from advance auto parts. get control arms. and so fourth. get new bushings for it all. so my ? is for me being a poor person right now. how well do you think the ebay suspension will work. too rough of a ride or what. would it be worth the money. i can get all i need for less then 700.

2. Bobby17772

Bobby17772 New Member

don't get ebay coils, they ride like garbage, they bounce even worse then cut springs. they have decent company's you can buy from on ebay like tokico, which I plan on buying from personally

3. 78civic

78civic Junior Member

4. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

Do you really NEED coil-overs? If you're on a budget I'd recommend just getting springs. Go for a mild drop, get a good alignment, and you should be fine. And if you're trying to do this cheaply, then don't buy your struts from Advance. Buy EVERYTHING from E-Bay. I bought a complete Tokico package (1.5" drop springs and shocks) for about $300, brand new. You could probably find name brand control arms and a set of bushings and do this entire thing with name brand stuff for around $500.

Wouldn't that be much better then buying some janky generic coil-overs and getting ripped off at Advance for shocks that aren't really designed for lowering anyway?

5. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

6. UNDR8D

UNDR8D ...has a job!

And if you are going to get non lowered struts, at least get them at AutoZone where they have a no questions asked lifetime warranty so you can get new ones when you blow them every two months.

7. lostsoulzprophet

lostsoulzprophet delslow

ok yall show some good points. i saw a skunk 2 set up for springs and lowered shocks for around 300 for set. im getting my bushings from advance because i get a major discount. only next thing is control arms. what is a good brand. thats not to cheap and is worth the price.

8. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

Blox or Megan Racing control arms should be relatively cheap but still get the job done competently. If you want to spend a little more, then Skunk2 works.

And if you get a huge discount at Advance, then I guess it makes sense to buy from there. For the shocks and springs though, I think it's a good idea to buy a matched set, and you can't beat E-Bay for pricing. Just make sure you buy from a reputable seller, preferably an E-Bay store...

9. newb

newb phresh VIP

Mutha fuckin werd.

Either get the cheapest warrantied shocks you can, or drop some coin on a nice set.

10. lostsoulzprophet

lostsoulzprophet delslow

shocks and springs are coverd now. skunk 2 set with my friends discount. blox is looking like my control arms. thanks for the help. ill post pics when i get it all done.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted