1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ebay transaction

Discussion in 'Members' Lounge' started by adnoh, Aug 21, 2005.

1. adnoh

adnoh Senior Member

Ebay Auction

Hey dudes,

Above is the auction I've completed. I bid on it Friday, got outbid, and then yesterday received a Second Chance auction. I checked out the BIN numbers for both the original auction, and the second chance auction. They were diffrent, like they're susposed to be. I clicked on the buy it now option, and completed the transaction. It showed up in "my ebay" like it's susposed to. I hopped on paypal after receiving my reciept, and paid the full amount. A few hours later I received this email:

So far so good right?

So I'm poking around the transaction details and I notice something.....beside his user name in ebay, it now reads "no longer a registered user".....hmmmmm..... ok. So thats one thing. The next thing was when I looked at my reciept for the transaction is was made out to rnikkel1@mts.net Then I hop onto Paypal and it's made out to djrazor2069@mts.net :wtf:

I looked up both of the profiles on paypal and turns out they are identical.....like opened the same day, both canadian verified, everthing is the same....but diffrent addresses. wierd......

So I sent him this email:

I havent heard anything yet.

What do you guys think? The transaction seems to be going alright, but some of these things dont match up. It's got me pretty nervous.

2. civicious

civicious FüK-VTEC VIP

Maybe his ebay email address is different than his paypal account email address?

3. adnoh

adnoh Senior Member

true......it was the "not a registered user" thing that has me going....that means he's suspended.

4. StealthMode

StealthMode Kung Foolin'

Hmmm. . . "Cross your fingers" is all I can tell ya

5. phyregod

phyregod !!YTINASNI

If you need help tracking his ass down, tell me.. (bail bondsman/bounty hunter) We'll find him.

6. TWISTEDIMAGE

TWISTEDIMAGE Senior Member

hope for the best 12 feed back with a rating of 92%. u would not have bought a pencil from this jocker let alone 1,200 dollars worth of stuff

7. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

you can get suspended from ebay for the stupidest things... like if you get a new credit card and don't update your profile, they will suspend your account until you put a new card on there...

i'm not saying that that was the case....

but i agree, i would never buy a high-dollar item from a 92% member...
    plus, everyting he has good feedback on, he was the BUYER, not the seller.

and the stuff he sold and got feedback on, 1 is bad, the other 2 are no longer members. lol

this screams scam all over it.

if he doesn't reposnd to your email, file a paypal reversal before 30 days is up.

i hope you bought the extra paypal insurance...

8. Slammed90Lude

Slammed90Lude Senior Member

9. adnoh

adnoh Senior Member

Fuck it....I'm calling my bank in the morning and canceling the payment. In the meantime, I'm going to transfer enough money out of my account, so if this transaction tries to go through, it'll bounce. Buddy can kiss my ass. I didn't realize how much that laptop cost retail until like 5 minutes ago when I went on the Apple site and saw that it was worth over $3500. BIG fucking scam. I wonder what Paypal charges for a bounced cheque???......

10. totalburnout

totalburnout Well-Known Member VIP

This is the new ebay scam people go down the list of bidders it a public auction and give them second chance offers, except its not the real seller.

A guy tried to do this to my girlfriend's father, claiming he had a piano that was local but the real local seller had informed him that it had already been sold off in the original auction. Her dad made the guy jump through all kinds of hoops and then reported him to ebay, it was funny.

Thing is, if you buy something thats not sponsored by ebay you have no protection.

11. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

don't pull the funds out of your bank just yet...

go through paypal and ebay first, or you could end up with frozen accounts through ebay and paypal.

12. adnoh

adnoh Senior Member

Fuck, I just did pull the funds.......son of a bitch. I dropped it on my VISA, meaning that it wont show up until a few days from now. I can transfer $ from my VISA to my chequing account immediately, but any VISA transaction takes a few days. dammit.

What do you mean by frozen accounts. btw....I've already asked e-bay security to look into this auction....awaiting reply.....

13. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

i mean, you'll become "no longer a registered user" and won't be able to access your paypal account

14. adnoh

adnoh Senior Member

This was through e-bay though....the org. transaction # and the Second chance number were diffrent, like they're susposed to be, it showed up in "my ebay", the payment was through paypal, it seemed legit. I just think the laptop is stolen or something........I dunno....I just dont get a good vibe from this at all. And no, I dont think I got the extra paypal insurance which means if I do get scammed, I'm covered up to $200US.......wow......then I'm really fucked.

15. adnoh

adnoh Senior Member

But I'm sure I could talk with them, explain the situation, and not be out $1300US.......bah, seems worth it to me. I use paypal like once every few months. There is no way this auction is legit.......do you agree?

16. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

good luck.

i didn't buy it, and i'm out 1200 from that fuck in illionois.

so yeah, they inititated my refund, and recovered absolutely nothing for me.

17. adnoh

adnoh Senior Member

Update,

Here is the email he replied with last night.....

and then:

Well, I did a search on this "luis987123" in the ebay member search and it found nothing. I did a search for anyone with a username starting with "luis"...nothing resembling that at all.

Secondly, if you look at the bid history of the auction, there were like 10 bids after me....it ended at like $1900 US or something......and me at $1250US was the last bid? Wierd.

I'm still waiting to hear from ebay security...... But my funds are not available at this time in case this does not get resolved before the money transfer is complete.

Better safe than sorry.

18. adnoh

adnoh Senior Member

So to keep the transaction going until e-bay security looks into it I wrote:

Lets see if I can get this guy on the phone......

19. phyregod

phyregod !!YTINASNI

Some points of interest:

The name is luis123987. He has 1 feedback and its from 69ramone96. Who is your seller. Its a good feedback. luis123987 left a good feedback for 69ramone96. Luis only placed one bid in his ebay carreer. He has not been bidding on ANYTHING other than that one item. So your seller is lying to you.
    69ramone96 feedback
    luis123987 feedback

Those two are one and the same.

The other user who "bought" from the seller with one feedback.
    crazycolombian2
    Another who is the same.

Another point of interest. The other two items he sold:
    Item number 1 Location: Orlando Florida.

Item number 2 Location: Orlando Florida.

Your Item Location: Canada.. WTF?

Get your money and hide man..

**call visa and explain the situation. Flag that card. If you account is your backup, I'd drain it and wait a few days.**

20. adnoh

adnoh Senior Member

Ya, this is what I thought as well. Especially because of the item locations. Why was he listing in Florida, then in Canada??? Man, I wish I went through this much trouble before I bought it...stupid me.

Anyways, I've done all I can do at the moment...I've contacted e-bay security and notified them of the situation. I have also removed a large amount of money from my chequing account and put it on my VISA card......the method of payment was through an e-cheque via paypal....this means, if paypal tries to execute the transaction, it will come up as NSF. I will also contact Paypal and notify them of the situation. I will also call my bank and let them know that there is a pending transaction with paypal, and by no circumstances shall it be authorised to go through.

I mean, what else can I do?????

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted