Ebay transaction

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

adnoh

Ebay Auction

Hey dudes,

Above is the auction I've completed. I bid on it Friday, got outbid, and then yesterday received a Second Chance auction. I checked out the BIN numbers for both the original auction, and the second chance auction. They were diffrent, like they're susposed to be. I clicked on the buy it now option, and completed the transaction. It showed up in "my ebay" like it's susposed to. I hopped on paypal after receiving my reciept, and paid the full amount. A few hours later I received this email:

Thank you for the quick payment I will send this laptop out once the funds clear, I will be leaving positive feedback for you

Thanks again

So far so good right?

So I'm poking around the transaction details and I notice something.....beside his user name in ebay, it now reads "no longer a registered user".....hmmmmm..... ok. So thats one thing. The next thing was when I looked at my reciept for the transaction is was made out to rnikkel1@mts.net Then I hop onto Paypal and it's made out to djrazor2069@mts.net :wtf:

I looked up both of the profiles on paypal and turns out they are identical.....like opened the same day, both canadian verified, everthing is the same....but diffrent addresses. wierd......

So I sent him this email:

Hey there,

Sorry to bug you, but one more question:

your e-mail address is rnikkel1@mts.net, my paypal reciept is for
rnikkel1@mts.net, but when I go into the details of this transaction, it
says the payment is going out to a Ramone Nikkel (djrazor2069@mts.net). both
of these e-mail address have the same status, and were opened on the same
day (july 07, 2005) Can you please explain this? I am confused.

I need you to get back to me tonight about this. There are some things with
this transaction that I am becoming uncomfortable with. Nothing at all
against you, but for one, there is the conflicting e-mail addresses, second
is the fact that you are now "not a registered user" of e-bay, and third,
the rediculously low price you are selling the laptop for (not that I have a
problem with the price, but the laptop is worth twice that amount).

Please don't take this personally, but I might have no choice but to cancel
the bank transfer as soon as tonight if this cannot be cleared up. I
apologise, but you have to understand my position. I can do one thing for
you though, if for some reason you don't get this email in time and I
cancell the transaction, if you can clear up these conflictions and also
send me a few more pics of the unit, I will be more than happy to re-do the
transaction (you'd have to send me another second chance offer).

So please, if you can, reply to this email a.s.a.p. and we can go ahead with
this transaction as planned.

Thanks very much and I'm truly sorry for any inconvienience.

Ryan.

I havent heard anything yet.

What do you guys think? The transaction seems to be going alright, but some of these things dont match up. It's got me pretty nervous.

true......it was the "not a registered user" thing that has me going....that means he's suspended.

hope for the best 12 feed back with a rating of 92%. u would not have bought a pencil from this jocker let alone 1,200 dollars worth of stuff

you can get suspended from ebay for the stupidest things... like if you get a new credit card and don't update your profile, they will suspend your account until you put a new card on there...

i'm not saying that that was the case....

but i agree, i would never buy a high-dollar item from a 92% member...
plus, everyting he has good feedback on, he was the BUYER, not the seller.

and the stuff he sold and got feedback on, 1 is bad, the other 2 are no longer members. lol

this screams scam all over it.

if he doesn't reposnd to your email, file a paypal reversal before 30 days is up.

i hope you bought the extra paypal insurance...

Fuck it....I'm calling my bank in the morning and canceling the payment. In the meantime, I'm going to transfer enough money out of my account, so if this transaction tries to go through, it'll bounce. Buddy can kiss my ass. I didn't realize how much that laptop cost retail until like 5 minutes ago when I went on the Apple site and saw that it was worth over $3500. BIG fucking scam. I wonder what Paypal charges for a bounced cheque???......

This is the new ebay scam people go down the list of bidders it a public auction and give them second chance offers, except its not the real seller.

A guy tried to do this to my girlfriend's father, claiming he had a piano that was local but the real local seller had informed him that it had already been sold off in the original auction. Her dad made the guy jump through all kinds of hoops and then reported him to ebay, it was funny.

Thing is, if you buy something thats not sponsored by ebay you have no protection.

don't pull the funds out of your bank just yet...

go through paypal and ebay first, or you could end up with frozen accounts through ebay and paypal.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Aug 21 2005, 10:27 PM
don't pull the funds out of your bank just yet...

go through paypal and ebay first, or you could end up with frozen accounts through ebay and paypal.
[post=543300]Quoted post[/post]​

Fuck, I just did pull the funds.......son of a bitch. I dropped it on my VISA, meaning that it wont show up until a few days from now. I can transfer $ from my VISA to my chequing account immediately, but any VISA transaction takes a few days. dammit.

What do you mean by frozen accounts. btw....I've already asked e-bay security to look into this auction....awaiting reply.....

i mean, you'll become "no longer a registered user" and won't be able to access your paypal account

Originally posted by New2TheCarScene@Aug 21 2005, 10:26 PM
This is the new ebay scam people go down the list of bidders it a public auction and give them second chance offers, except its not the real seller.

A guy tried to do this to my girlfriend's father, claiming he had a piano that was local but the real local seller had informed him that it had already been sold off in the original auction. Her dad made the guy jump through all kinds of hoops and then reported him to ebay, it was funny.

Thing is, if you buy something thats not sponsored by ebay you have no protection.
[post=543299]Quoted post[/post]​

This was through e-bay though....the org. transaction # and the Second chance number were diffrent, like they're susposed to be, it showed up in "my ebay", the payment was through paypal, it seemed legit. I just think the laptop is stolen or something........I dunno....I just dont get a good vibe from this at all. And no, I dont think I got the extra paypal insurance which means if I do get scammed, I'm covered up to $200US.......wow......then I'm really fucked.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Aug 21 2005, 10:36 PM
i mean, you'll become "no longer a registered user" and won't be able to access your paypal account
[post=543309]Quoted post[/post]​

But I'm sure I could talk with them, explain the situation, and not be out $1300US.......bah, seems worth it to me. I use paypal like once every few months. There is no way this auction is legit.......do you agree?

good luck.

i didn't buy it, and i'm out 1200 from that fuck in illionois.

Case Closed
Status Details:
We have completed our investigation of this case. We attempted to process a refund from the seller's account to your account. Unfortunately, the seller's account does not contain the funds necessary to cover this refund. We were able to recover $0.00 USD. We have taken action against the seller and are working to recover the remainder of your refund. We will contact you when we have more information. No further action is required of you at this time.

Date Actor Action Details
May 12, 2005 PayPal Request for action to seller
May 12, 2005 PayPal Claim granted
May 12, 2005 PayPal Email sent to Seller
May 12, 2005 PayPal Email sent to Buyer
May 12, 2005 PayPal Refund initiated
May 12, 2005 PayPal Case in Review
May 5, 2005 PayPal Case in Review
May 2, 2005 PayPal Email sent to Seller
May 2, 2005 PayPal Email sent to Buyer
May 2, 2005 Seller Tracking information provided
May 2, 2005 PayPal Email sent to Seller
May 2, 2005 PayPal Email sent to Buyer
May 2, 2005 Buyer Complaint case initiated

so yeah, they inititated my refund, and recovered absolutely nothing for me.

Update,

Here is the email he replied with last night.....

yes, there was a user that was bidding on all of my items and ebay suspended
me thinking that it was me trying to make my auctions go higher, i think
it's a rediculous idea, but i'm waiting to hear back from ebay, sorry about
that

and then:

I understand the concern, however the reason I had to change my email
address is because that same user that I was telling you about, a luis987123
or something like that has been spamming me non stop, so i added another
email address, notice they are both at the @mts.net domain, which is my
internet service providor, it is still the same account and is still
verified, reason i'm selling you this laptop this "cheap" is because i have
no need for it and thats the price the auction went for, I had a non paying
bidder, this same luis987123 and he refused to pay me, supposidly this guy
has something against me or something, seeing how you were the next highest
bidder I decided to offer you this item, it's the ebay rules.

Well, I did a search on this "luis987123" in the ebay member search and it found nothing. I did a search for anyone with a username starting with "luis"...nothing resembling that at all.

Secondly, if you look at the bid history of the auction, there were like 10 bids after me....it ended at like $1900 US or something......and me at $1250US was the last bid? Wierd.

I'm still waiting to hear from ebay security...... But my funds are not available at this time in case this does not get resolved before the money transfer is complete.

Better safe than sorry.

So to keep the transaction going until e-bay security looks into it I wrote:

Wow, thats not a good situation!

Anyways, in the meantime, could you send me a few more pics of the unit? Specifically the sticker on the bottom of the unit with the serial number and the specs, and I think there is the same type of sticker on the box, so a pic of both. Also any other cool shots of the unit, like the ins/outs on the back....I want to see what sort of connectivity I'm going to have because the apple site doesn't go into detail.

Also if I could get your mailing address and phone number, just for my records.

Thanks so much man,

Ryan.

Lets see if I can get this guy on the phone......

Some points of interest:

The name is luis123987. He has 1 feedback and its from 69ramone96. Who is your seller. Its a good feedback. luis123987 left a good feedback for 69ramone96. Luis only placed one bid in his ebay carreer. He has not been bidding on ANYTHING other than that one item. So your seller is lying to you.
69ramone96 feedback
luis123987 feedback

Those two are one and the same.

The other user who "bought" from the seller with one feedback.
crazycolombian2
Another who is the same.

Another point of interest. The other two items he sold:
Item number 1 Location: Orlando Florida.

Item number 2 Location: Orlando Florida.

Your Item Location: Canada.. WTF?

Get your money and hide man..

**call visa and explain the situation. Flag that card. If you account is your backup, I'd drain it and wait a few days.**

Ya, this is what I thought as well. Especially because of the item locations. Why was he listing in Florida, then in Canada??? Man, I wish I went through this much trouble before I bought it...stupid me.

Anyways, I've done all I can do at the moment...I've contacted e-bay security and notified them of the situation. I have also removed a large amount of money from my chequing account and put it on my VISA card......the method of payment was through an e-cheque via paypal....this means, if paypal tries to execute the transaction, it will come up as NSF. I will also contact Paypal and notify them of the situation. I will also call my bank and let them know that there is a pending transaction with paypal, and by no circumstances shall it be authorised to go through.

I mean, what else can I do?????

Back