ebay turbo kits-- your opinions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I know that answeers cannot be answered with questions , but this is the first question you have to answer yourself so we can give you tips

how much whp I want ?

Thanks

if i put on my stock b18b i would like to see between 200-250whp and if i put on the h22 it will be fully built so i would want to boost higher, so i would say 400+whp

I know that answeers cannot be answered with questions , but this is the first question you have to answer yourself so we can give you tips

how much whp I want ?

Thanks

Fortunately, after being around many stupid people, in jail, frequent Hondaswap and around people who can't speak or use grammar properly, I've become what I'd consider fluent in Moron.

Before I comment let me give a synopsis on "Moron" the language. This language, although not entirely (other languages have a special dialect which also resembles "Moron") was derived from English. Coming into the internet ages, years of proper English had been overcome by semi retarded beings finding access to the internet and flooding it with their moronic and improper ways of speaking or in this case typing.

People somehow invented this language and thought and still think if they just put the words that could possibly form a sentence from the ideas floating in their heads onto a forum that somehow the people who speak "Modern English" would just understand them.

Along with this language comes over aggressiveness when a "Modern English" speaking person misinterprets or has a hard time understanding a piece typed or written and attempts to counter with a question asking what the said piece is supposed to mean.

Don't use that XSPower garbage, it's just a different name for SSAC.

please fill me in about xsp or xspower or ssac, whats the story?

They're parts are the lowest quality available. They fall apart, the manifolds crack, the turbos are "glued", yes GLUED together or at least they used to be. I doubt they improved much but I strayed away from them so I don't have personal experience. Maybe someone with actual experience will chime in.

Fortunately, after being around many stupid people, in jail, frequent Hondaswap and around people who can't speak or use grammar properly, I've become what I'd consider fluent in Moron.

Before I comment let me give a synopsis on "Moron" the language. This language, although not entirely (other languages have a special dialect which also resembles "Moron") was derived from English. Coming into the internet ages, years of proper English had been overcome by semi retarded beings finding access to the internet and flooding it with their moronic and improper ways of speaking or in this case typing.

People somehow invented this language and thought and still think if they just put the words that could possibly form a sentence from the ideas floating in their heads onto a forum that somehow the people who speak "Modern English" would just understand them.

Along with this language comes over aggressiveness when a "Modern English" speaking person misinterprets or has a hard time understanding a piece typed or written and attempts to counter with a question asking what the said piece is supposed to mean.

I don't see any good intentions creating that comment, I think the idea is to help the guy. the english language as you can see is not my born-language, so please don't criticize my way of writting. I am here trying to give my help.

Plus , we don't know if the person that is looking for help, earns 20k a month, or if is just a person who wants to start a proyect with a reasonable budget, Is hell nice to have a turbo installed and working properly, its a kool feeling but not everybody can buy a garrett or turbonetics ballbearing. or a HKS BOV if you know what I mean.

Everybody knows that a KIT it's a plug n' play process. and that's why the cheap turbos kits are so considered as bad ones

I installed those kits here in my country several times and I know they are not good quality, but if you use your common sense and realize that you need to add certain tweaks everything will be fine, p.e : yes , the manifold cracks , but if you add two supports between the manifold flanger and turboflanger and you add a suppoort between the turbo flanger( two bolts ) and the block , the header will not break ($30), I have clients with that tweaks and they don't have any problems and they have years with the kit installed. the turbo is not glued, well at least not anymore, if you take care of them they will not have a problem at all, and you know what, I can say they last at least 2 years, and if that's the case, well , you have two options. either wait until it gets fucked up and get a expensive one that last 5 years or more, that cost 5 times more, or spend another $200 bucks for another two more years, and let me tell you something, if you are considering the ebay cheap ones, that means that is not a very serious racing car ( non daily driven car ). if you have a nice budget , get expensive good quality parts, that way you will not have the hassle to change stuff every certain amount of time. but if you don't, get an ebay kit, and I can help telling you what you can do to make that a little more secure and reliable. One more thing, I wouldn't use cheap parts for over 300whp ! , at that point a failure is too dangerous, it's better to be in a more secure point

Thanks

Last edited:
to each their own, it's not my money or my car. I personally wouldn't put it on my car.

I hate to break it to you but the majority of what you wrote was equally jumbled and incomprehensible...but, agreed, don't use cheap shit...

I hate these threads. I don't know who to answer.
Ebay turbo's are shit. If you want your turbo to work like shit, then by all means, buy one. Everyone can't afford a Garrett or HKS, all at once. There's no reason that someone can't afford one though, it's just that they can't afford it right now. So be patient. Let's consider the options:
Buy cheap e-garbage scenario: Install it, works fine for about 2 days, after enough heat and abuse, turbo starts to fail. The seals start going, and the glue starts coming loose. The turbine obtains a ridiculous amount of play, and suddenly, you're motor locks up. Now you're out a turbo, and an engine.
Pinch pennies, and buy something of good quality: Install it, and works great while you use it, and untill you decide to sell your setup/car/motor, or you total your car. Or it just works great for the next 15 years.

You've just saved about $600 by switching to high-quality parts.

Nothing turbo is plug-and-play, that's a huge misconception. It all usually takes a little modifying, and then there's the whole tuning deal.

Like I said, I'd rather shit on my engine.

if i put on my stock b18b i would like to see between 200-250whp and if i put on the h22 it will be fully built so i would want to boost higher, so i would say 400+whp

You would spend the money to rebuild an H22 for boost and then use a crappy E-Bay turbo kit on it? Ok...that makes little to no sense...

Plus, we don't know if the person that is looking for help, earns 20k a month, or if is just a person who wants to start a proyect with a reasonable budget, Is hell nice to have a turbo installed and working properly, its a kool feeling but not everybody can buy a garrett or turbonetics ballbearing. or a HKS BOV if you know what I mean.

So your advice for someone on a budget is to buy cheap poorly-designed parts that will probably break sooner or later and will need to be replaced, possibly taking the car's engine along with them when they die?

That makes no sense to me.

My advice for someone on a budget would be to have some patience, save up their money, and do it right the first time by buying quality parts. It will actually be cheaper in the long run, since the parts are less likely to fail and less likely to damage your car's motor than the cheap E-Bay crap is...

I hate these threads. I don't know who to answer.
Ebay turbo's are shit. If you want your turbo to work like shit, then by all means, buy one. Everyone can't afford a Garrett or HKS, all at once. There's no reason that someone can't afford one though, it's just that they can't afford it right now. So be patient. Let's consider the options:
Buy cheap e-garbage scenario: Install it, works fine for about 2 days, after enough heat and abuse, turbo starts to fail. The seals start going, and the glue starts coming loose. The turbine obtains a ridiculous amount of play, and suddenly, you're motor locks up. Now you're out a turbo, and an engine.
Pinch pennies, and buy something of good quality: Install it, and works great while you use it, and untill you decide to sell your setup/car/motor, or you total your car. Or it just works great for the next 15 years.

You've just saved about $600 by switching to high-quality parts.

Nothing turbo is plug-and-play, that's a huge misconception. It all usually takes a little modifying, and then there's the whole tuning deal.

Like I said, I'd rather shit on my engine.

:werd:

ok this is thing, why would i post asking a question if i had all the answers isnt this a forum where people come get info on stuff they arent sure about, this is what i am planning to do iam going to take the risk and use this turbo kit on my b18b motor, and i will pm amadeuscr to let know exactly what he did for it work decent, reason being i have heard anybody comment yet that has actually blown the motors with ebay kit, it more speculations, the one guys actually owns a kit, with a little mod, it works fine. When my h22 is fully built and complete i will invest in quality turbo setup, so with all that out the way can we answer my original question "HOW MUCH HP DO YOU GUYS THINK I CAN GET OUT OF THAT TURBO KIT" in b18b not the h22 LOL, HP AND TORQUE VALUES ONLY PLEASE..

ok this is thing, why would i post asking a question if i had all the answers isnt this a forum where people come get info on stuff they arent sure about, this is what i am planning to do iam going to take the risk and use this turbo kit on my b18b motor, and i will pm amadeuscr to let know exactly what he did for it work decent, reason being i have heard anybody comment yet that has actually blown the motors with ebay kit, it more speculations, the one guys actually owns a kit, with a little mod, it works fine. When my h22 is fully built and complete i will invest in quality turbo setup, so with all that out the way can we answer my original question "HOW MUCH HP DO YOU GUYS THINK I CAN GET OUT OF THAT TURBO KIT" in b18b not the h22 LOL, HP AND TORQUE VALUES ONLY PLEASE..

FUCK your original question. DONT thread jack!

and when you go start your own thread, list what you have done to the motor.

you obviously only value your car as much as the value of the parts you put in it. so why use cheap ebay shit. i'll tell you this much, i would NOT trust an ebay wastegate for the life of me. if you get the turbine, it's just going to be a waste of money

2 steps backward for one step forward....

LOL, why all the anger buddy, it just a forum, and now , about a page later ,you want to point out that iam thread jacking, hahaha you make me laugh.... by the way lets respect him and do as he wishes, i dont have anymore interest in this topic thanks,
not from people like ybegal anyways... thanks guys...

your the one that was getting mad because nobody's talking about your question. and there's a difference between asking a related question and thread jacking. you started off ok, but go start your own thread. your asking questions now completly unrelated to this thread's title.

and it's still page 1 to me, since i have the option set to view 100 posts per page. not a big deal to me. since you type in all caps i assume your stressing it like your angry yourself.

but lets answer questions so the noobs can learn. no need to hide them in a topic started regarding something completly different.

In all honesty people can say what they want about the quality of the ebay stuff. Some of us just have to see to believe.

Take me, for example. I'll be installing an ebay turbo/manifold on my car just because I want to try it. I wont take a chance on the wastegate, though. TiAL all the way. I know it is a risk, and I could possibly need to buy another turbo/mani. but I want to see if they work or not.

If they don't, eh, I learned a lesson and I'll stick to proven products.

Back