Ebay turbo

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

rkwoos12

hey guys just wondering is there any thing wrong with an ebay turbo kit?

You get what you pay for. Most often, the seals go bad and the turbo won't last long.

If you are going to spend the money, do it right the first time. Otherwise, you are going to spend more money fixing everything when you could have saved yourself the headache by getting a decent product in the first place.

there fine as long as you like your turbo glued together

ah im not gona buy one or nothing i was just wondering what was wrong with them just looking for some reasons to support why i shouldnt buy one, i plan on goin with a garrett turbo.

The best return on your money is one that isn't going to cost you more money later, even though up front, it will cost more.

it's cheaper to buy the right part, than to buy it twice.

My buddy bought a ebay turbo kit for about 1000 bucks... at the end of that summer he bought a new engine and turbo kit.

Plain and simple! its gonna cost you more in the long run then it would have to do it right to begin with.

ebay turbos or engine parts suck ill never get nething off of ebay oil seals usualy go not to long after on the car

i love my ebay turbo. Have had it for 2 years on my DD. its a bone stock d16y7 tuned with AEM and it makes 224hp@6200rpm 209tq@5100rpm at 10psi on a Evo3 16g knock off. I have a Tial waste gate and gready BOV. I got this turbo for $50 new and when i decided to put it on the car i knew that they have a very bad rep and you get what you pay for. I put this on for a first hand experience with these things and so far it has been good. I do how ever know that at any day it could go bad and I will not be up set that it broke. I you buy one of these keep in mind that it will go bad and you will have to replace it at some point. When it does go i have my heart set on a GT25R.

My friend has an ebay turbo on his Sol for about 6 months and hasnt had problems with it, then another friend has one on his 240 and its only a month or so old and it already shit the bed. Its hit or miss really, but I wouldnt ever buy one.

You get what you pay for. Buy from eBay and you get no warranty if anything with the kit goes bad.

what ever you do never ever trust a chinese wastegate to controll boost as this is going kill your engine if it cant regulate boost

My friend has an ebay turbo on his Sol for about 6 months and hasnt had problems with it, then another friend has one on his 240 and its only a month or so old and it already shit the bed. Its hit or miss really, but I wouldnt ever buy one.

But would you honestly take a 50/50 chance with about 1000 dollars?

But would you honestly take a 50/50 chance with about 1000 dollars?
I would never spend $1000+ for any turbo kit, Ive been on HMT too much to be that dumb.:D I will have an ebay brand IC and exhaust mani on my turbo build, I dont care, the IC will do the same thing as a $500 unit, and if the mani cracks, well I have a welder. And as far as ebay turbos, you can pick up real T3/T4s at the local yards for the price of the ebays.

Back