ebay turbo's

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

caveat emptor

since there are so many different people selling turbo kits on e-gay, I would try to do as much research as possible before buying one. do they use name brand parts in the kit you're looking at? knock-offs suck. does the seller have a great rating? and the most importamt is to try and find someone who actually has the kit so can give first hand info into how good it is.

also most of the full kits I have seen on e-gay are missing injectors and any type of fuel management for tuning, these are the most important parts of any turbo kit.

i believe they may have a bad rep, and they might not be all that bad, but seriously if your going to modify a car your going to be spending lots of money there is no easy way around it. i wouldnt waste the 600-1000 on an ebay kit, id use the money on a reputable kit

he didn't ask anything about ebay turbo kits just the turbo's, I think he wants to know about the no name brand turbos that go for like 200 bux. Does anyone have any experience with these?

i had one, but never installed it on my car, i didnt trust the quality. but one of my buddies at school has said they are decent for a starter

eBay turbos

I have built 4 turbo honda's with ebay turbos. I sourced all the parts on ebay, don't buy a kit, do your research and buy the components. I only use cast manifolds due to durability. As to the turbo's I have not had any issues with the turbo's other then having to use oil restictors on the supply lines in one case when I had a -4 oil feed line. Too much oil at idle to the turbo when you where stuck in traffic for too long. The longest running is close to a year old at this point with 15K miles on it. I look at it this way, I work on my cars myself and find that I tend to keep tinkering with the setup as to upgrades and such. So in my case I don't want to spend 600-1200 for a turbo that will be used just as long when I can pay 150 for it instead. And for the money I can buy four turbos at least for the price of a name brand turbo, so if it breaks I still am way ahead on money but you make your own choices.

Ching Chong Meow FTL....unless you plan to rebuild before using. Stick with a 14b

ive talked to a few who have used them, said there decent for a starter setup, idn i wouldnt buy one myself

Back