Ebay upgrades

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Kevrozayy

Is anything on ebay for D16 eg reliable ? considering doing an ebay exhaust, suspension, and HIDs.

its pretty much you get what you pay for. if you do it properly then they can be. ebay suspension just wont ride as good as all the other ones. meaning more bouncy. but i have ebay coilovers and still ride pretty smooth but i dont have mine dumped out. ive know people with full catback exhaust and they like it for the price so idk all up to you. me personaly i dont like hids so idk about them.

stuff like intakes and strut bars are ok from ebay, but suspension not really. exhausts can be hit or miss, i have seen them fit perfectly or not very well at all.

I have prelude headers that are cheap. They fit good except one hole in the flangs needed a lil reaming. Probably wont last long but its cheap lol.

Like lostsoulzprophet said, you get what you pay for. If you buy the off-brand super cheap junk from E-Bay, then it's not going to be reliable. However, E-Bay is a GREAT place to buy name brand stuff at low prices. Look for E-Bay stores selling name brand parts..

Take the extra time to save your cash for quality parts. It is worth the wait.

speaking of ebay, i'm in need of some new motor mounts and was wondering if these would work for a regular d15 because all i can find is the b conversion kits, at the same time though i also read one of them that said it would still fit the d series so im just trying to make sure before i buy. and as far as the rest yeah i agree the cheap stuff is hit and miss, intakes are pretty much all the same and exhaust systems for me are too loud and only last about 6 months before they start sounding horrible. lol

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

I have gotten alot of things from ebay for a d15 b... I bought a used DC header, 9 dollar catlic converter, and a cheap tfuso exhaust for like 115 shipped... it sounded like any other honda, bumble bee lol... The intake I would spend some good money on.... AEM and Injen im a fan off, vs the jdm wale penis, or ebay ones... Get some urathane bushings or stock rubber ones to replace your current ones as this will re new the mounts you have. Also from ebay they sell good crank pullys most of the time and altnator pullys... just my opion though. the once peace head lights suck as they tend to leak or fog later in life

Like lostsoulzprophet said, you get what you pay for. If you buy the off-brand super cheap junk from E-Bay, then it's not going to be reliable. However, E-Bay is a GREAT place to buy name brand stuff at low prices. Look for E-Bay stores selling name brand parts..
Yep.

Stuff I've bought on eBay:
Radiator
Alternator
Header & Catback
Fuel Pump
Front/Rear Strut bars
Sway Brace
ECU's x 2
Adaptor Harness OBD0 to OBD1

That isn't a bunch of "eBay" stuff - most if it is name brand that was "listed" on eBay. Between price and feedback it pretty much tells the story. For instance, I picked up a 160 amp rated altarnator. So, look at the guys overall feedback, then look at feedback for the specific part(s) you are interested in. If the guy has sold dozens or hundreds of something with good feedback, then the part(s) is/are probably ok.

I've also been buying on eBay for the past 10 years - lots of used audio gear and some tools. I usually look to eBay for instance to buy Heli-Coil stuff, milling cutters, lathe and mill tool holders and such.

If you know what you're doing, there are some great deals on eBay.

Plenty of name brand stuff on eBay from reputable sellers. There is also junk from rip-off artists - may the buyer beware. Just do a little research on the seller and their goods.

Last edited:
Back