ebrake light on at high rmps!!!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i'll start off by telling you that my gsr has the wrong gauage cluster in it... but i'm getting the right one from the guy i bought it from within the week. but sometimes when i get into high rpms my ebrake light comes on. it's not doing it when vtec hits because it's not at a set rpm it's just random. then sometimes it doesn't do it at all. any ideas?

Hunch #1: Your switch for the e-brake isn't adjusted right, and the vibration from the high rpms are causing it to make contact.

Hunch #2: A short in the wiring to your e-brake light. vibration causing contact..

Wild ass hunch (#3) Your "wrong" cluster is wired incorrectly, and your oil pressure wires are wired to your e-brake light. Your oil pump is on the verge of failure and/or you are low on oil. At high rpms you are throwning a oil light that is acutally lighting up your ebrake light.

Uber wild ass hunch (#4) a vtec grimlin is lost in your gauge cluster, and you are seeing the other grimlin's search lights.

Open up your console where the e-brake is and hopefully you have some junk there that needs to be taken out.. I had the same problem, because the previous owner had coins and a name tag under the e-brake cables.

or, the ecu is chipped, and it has been programemd to act as a shift light at high rpms.

I bet your damn brake fluid is low... When your car accelerates, the front end picks up, and forces the fluid into the back. I bet when you let off the gas, your light turns right off.

If that isn't it, then I'd say that new cluster is wired in wrong.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jul 26 2005, 10:02 PM
or, the ecu is chipped, and it has been programemd to act as a shift light at high rpms.
[post=531671]Quoted post[/post]​

That was my wild hunch :ph34r:

it does do it turn off when i let off the brake... and it also only does it in 1st and 2nd sometimes third so i'm gonna go with the brake fluid idea for now. it makes sense because 3 - 5th dont have enough power to tilt the car enough to make the fluid run? i'll let you know how it turns out

Albiet I had the right gauge cluster in my rex, I had a prob with the door light coming on when I hit the brakes. Found out it was the way for the car to tell me the horn fuse was out. :shrug2:

Back