Eclipse Pictures

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Prowler

Super Moderator
Took some pictures of the Eclipse I'm looking at.

eclipse1.jpg

eclipse2.jpg

eclipse3.jpg

eclipse4.jpg

eclipse5.jpg

eclipse6.jpg

eclipse7.jpg

eclipse8.jpg

eclipse9.jpg

Bent wastegate control thing needs to be replaced since it's making the turbo act really funny. Anyone that's familiar with turbo, could you please read my posted thread on a dsm board? I need to make sure this is the cause. http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/showthread...6501#post486501

Hopefully I'll be putting in black housed projectors and a carbon fiber hood. The fender will be fixed and the wheels will be tossed. Other than the lag in mid boost, the car really hauls. At least faster than my Accord :D

Looks like a GREAT starter car... since its light hit, the repairs are super easy, and the car will be super cheap.

COngrats on the find.

BTW, those wheels are called Enkei Spider 1's.

That's the range. Mid-low 15's on the GS-T and a little better times with the GSX since it's awd.

Thanks for the comments. I'm pumped to get this car. I talked to a guy tonight while cruising that has a fixed up 98 GS-T. Said that it's quite likely the bent wastegate controller is the cause of the lag and also to replace the spark plugs every 4k miles. He didn't and got the same results I described.
So I'm in my friends 92 Camaro RS 25th Aniv Ed. with a 305. Not too fast, but still beats the riceboys. The GS-T wants to race, so we go out to a frontage road. A couple of cars follow and a few bikes. We stake out the road, have police scanners going, bikes on each end of the road with walkie talkies. The setup for a perfect and safe race. Well, the GS-T wants to warm up his tires a bit and burns out. He wheel hops like mad and then there's the CLUNK. The vibration from the wheel hop shook loose the bolts between his downpipe and catback sleave (no cat) that connects the rest of the catback. So his exhaust pipes are sitting there on the road, 15 minutes of prep time wasted. Oh well, maybe next time.

<-----14.9 stock awd 95 talon back in the day. i had a lot of problems with mine, if i hadnt of had an extended warranty i would have had to pay for the motor when it blew up at 35k. be careful with it.

Originally posted by vpSPOONsol@May 24 2003, 02:23 AM
isn't it so that the tires get hot, and grip better...

For slicks yes, for streets, it makes them like ice.. slippery and not worth a flip.. Go do burnouts and then try and launch and you'll see what i mean about it hurting you more than helping. :)

When I heat up the tires slightly at the track (Potenza RE 730's), they hook like a BITCH. 2.07 60' best so far on stock suspension.

245/50/16 tire.

Burning out like crazy, and getting the tires heated up enough to stick are two VERY different things.

Burn til you see a little smoke, then get the line to stage ASAP.

Unfortunately they won't. The Mitsu patter, I'm pretty sure, is 5x114.3 and my tuner wheels are 4x114.3 and 4x100. Oh well.

ANyone know about the turbo problem?

Originally posted by SiR Kid@May 23 2003, 11:40 PM
BTW, those wheels are called Enkei Spider 1's.

Thanks, I couldn't find what those wheels were called anywhere.

:spin: I believe that's a shadow y0!

Here's the mod list in order of priority:
New spark plugs - $5
New wastegate actuator - $80 ???
Projector headlights with black housing - $250 ( I kept my PIAA's since they fit :) )
Used fender - $????
16" Rota Subzeros - $500
Tires - $350
New front speakers - $50
K&N Filter & adapter - $80
Used bumper from 97-99 Eclipse (to replace busted up one, and they looked a lot better)
Carbon fiber hood - $350
Hood pins + powdercoated black - $20
Short shifter - $90
Strut bar - $45

That's what I need/want first. Then it's:

New Pioneer stereo - $180
Redone tint - $140
Eibach springs - $225
KYB AGX struts - $320
Small sub + box - $100
1st Gen Talon BOV - $???
Boost gauge - $35
3 gauge pillar - $45
Manual boost controller

...then who knows what. Bigger turbo, front mount intercooler, new piping, exhaust, downpipe.
As you can see, I'm trying to keep this car fairly reasonable since I still have a small cash flow coming in with my cleaning job.

12's or bust
:spin:

5x114 is also the ITR and CRV lug pattern...

Hmmm... y'know. I do NOT know what wheels would look good on that car. I always see aftermarket bling bling wheels around here on Eclipses.

WAIIIIT. Try these.... I'm too lazy to upload a pic, so imagine this...

Eclipse.16.Black.gif

Crono_Evolution.G.18.gif

Those would look NICE on the car... O.Z. Chrono Evolution wheels in 18"

oz_crono_ev_ci3_l.jpg

Back