ect sensor help, obd0 b16/89si

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

blasterman87

im confused, i have a obd0 b16a and im told that any obd0 engine has the ect sensor on the back of the block next to the oil filter, mine has it there and also has one on the thermostat housing like the obd1 b16's do... and whats the white sensor under the vtec switch with a 2 prong plug? im throwing code 6, and my fan wont kick on. btw i have both the back of the block and thermostat housing plugged in, i just c ant find a plug for the one under the vtec selidoid

OBD0 B16s have the cooling fan switch on the back of the block and OBD1 has it on the thermostat housing - it has a 2-wire connector with black and yellow/green wires - the coolant temp sensor for the ECU (which gives you code 6) is on the distributor end of the head - it also has a 2-wire connector with red/white and green/white wires - the sensor for the temp gauge is also on the end of the head - has a 1-wire connector with yellow/green wire

ok, so why do i have 2 of the same sensor on my b16? the one on the back of the block and the one on the thermostat housing?and witch one should i use?

Back