Ecu and injector problems, Immobilizer?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I have checked the plugs on the injectors the ground wires all are grounded .....

I have checked for continuity from the A plug on the ecu to the wires on the injectors and They are fine......(plug A pins 1-4)

I unhooked an injector plug and hooked the wires to a mulitmeter to check the voltage when I turn it over there is none~!!!!!

I have good ground to them all and the 4 other wires that go to the ecu from the injectors have continuity....:wtf:

So the ecu must be not sending the signal to the injectors ..... could that be the immobilizer thing....????

Any ideas.... or suggestions would help me out ......
would my ecu from my CX work as a test ecu.... (P2E i believe)?

any problems that it would cause.....?
or possible damage

I would just start it up and then let it idle for a few minutes just to see if it would run

No problems I can see other than throwing a few CELs.

OMG.... I opened my ecu and there IS NO immoblizer that I can see

i see a( immo-a0 and with no chip there)...... :wtf:

Why is my car not getting fuel the injectors are grounded and there is continuity from the ecu to the injectors why then would my computer not be telling my injectors to spray

I just tried the P2E ecu ... and it also doesnt work

SO my ecu is not the problem.....

The thing that hooks to the alternator from the fuse box that doesn't do anything else right?
because I used the one from my old harness because the jdm one was too short...

the fuel pump fuse must be good because I am getting fuel to the fuel rail...

The starter signal relay fuse.... where is that?
(It turns over... so I don't think that would be a problem...)

!I need to know what alll MUST work for the injectors to get their signal or power...!
or anything that is electrical that wont allow it to start but allow it to turn over all day long....?

Could a fuse for my ingnition be bad ...
or could my ecu be missing some wire related to the injectors (i don't think so the 4 colored wires have continituity from the ecu to the injectors...)

or a wire that makes the ecu send its stuff to the injectors !!!?(ecu power wires or anything else that it needs to do its thing.... (or stuff that goes from the ingnition to the ecu...)?

What all wires from the ecu do I need to check?

Now I have now checked the following pins coming out of the ecu....

ECU plug A:

terminal #, terminal name, signal I got
9, LG1, grounded good
10, PG1, grounded good
11, IGP1, 12 volts with ignition set to ON
20, ICM, 12 volts with ignition set to ON
22, LG2, grounded good
23, PG2, gounded good
24, IGP2, 12 volts with ignition set to ON

ECU plug B:

6, STS, 12 volts with ignition set to START
10, VBU, 12 volts at all times

ALL of these are doing what they are supposed to be doing ......:wtf:

NEW stuff I have noticed when I first put the key in a turn to on position I get CEL.... after 2 sec and the fuel pressure goes up to where it is supposed to be the CEL goes off....... about 3 sec later is comes back on and stays on untill I turn to OFF....

ANY ideas or suggestions.....

I plan to check the grounds for voltage at different times when they should never have voltage.....just to make sure

I also will check the injector pins from plug A to see if they pulse with the engine turning over......???(helms says that they pulse when engine is running so I don't know if they are supposed to pulse with it in start pos.....with it turning over...

I will also read up on how to look up what the CEL code is that Im getting...

:violin:

do you have anyone to swap distributors with to see if that is the problem? There was a civic in my shop class that was having these same problems. There was fuel pressure, just the injectors were not firing.

The CEL comes on when you first turn the key on most cars then goes out, normal, when it comes back on, that's the problem one.

Can't you pull an injector out of the rail, then try to crank it, and see if it is spitting?

I checked the electrical plugs for the injectors .... they get ground but no signal voltage... and when I pull a spark plug out I can't telll that they are getting gas to them.... so I am pretty sure that they are not spraying

I will check out the CEL code when I get back home from work...

Originally posted by KloggMonkey@Jul 15 2004, 10:14 AM
The thing that hooks to the alternator from the fuse box that doesn't do anything else right?

Elaborate more on this. If you do not have the engine harness connected at both shock towers, you are not going to close the circuit. I guess I should ask, what is not hooked up?

The wire that runs from the alternator to the under hood fuse/relay box I don't have that hooked up from the type r harness because it would not reach....... I took that wire from my old CX's harness and hooked it up....

the only other wire that is not hooked up is a black and yellow wire that goes to the driver side shock tower...

EVERYThing else is hooked up

Originally posted by KloggMonkey@Jul 16 2004, 04:41 AM
the only other wire that is not hooked up is a black and yellow wire that goes to the driver side shock tower...

You mean the one that goes into this plug?....

s40ed821b8d9ba.jpg

That is your plug for the switched 12v's to the main relay, if you have something that needs to be routed there, no wonder your shit isn't working.

Yes that is the right place but its the other plug......

Its the one on the far right in your picture... that plug from my harness... only has one black wire with a yellow stripe... the type r harness had two....

so I have the one extra with no idea where it goes or what it is coming from....
the one I DO have hooked up goes to the speed sensor (one of the 3 wires from that)
I have no idea where the other black and yellow one goes?

If anyone has a helms scan of that connector(or just knows what it is) for a 96 CX or a 98 type r I would be very thankful....

The one that you are pointing to is like the injector ground wires... which I have all checked ....and grounded... that's called the main relay... hmmm .now I know..
on my ek... that plug with all the yellow wires with black stripes just is in the middle of the harness with a stopper in it that hooks all the wires together and then one wire comes out to go to a ground.... the eg's must be way different..

I still need to check the CEL but I doubt it will give me too much info...
I just need a scan of the plugs for both harness so that I can hook stuff up without so much guessing.. lol

The plug isn't the main relay, it is all the 12v switched that goes to the main relay. If you need a 12v switched, pick one and tap into it, like right where I am pointing.

CEL = code 41 = Primary Oxygen Sensor - Heater circuit malfunction
Which helps me absolutly 0 % right now....
but for later what does that mean?

I will try to post up a pic of my "extra Wire"

btw, it has 5 volts when the ign is in the ON position....
and it is a small black wire with yellow stripe

Back