ecu and transmisson question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

xx1424xx

So I got this 1992 civic dx 4 door and have now swaped in a B16a SirII motor (manual trans block - 170hp) and connected it to a M24a auto transmission (don't ask me why.)

My dilemma is that the current ECU won't enable the locking torque convertor (kinda like an overdrive). This means lots of wasted gas and lower top end. I was told to replace the ECU with a p28 ECU (37820-p28-a52 to be exact) and have it reprogrammed to redline at 8200rpm (motor's stock redline).

Does this sound like a solution? If it works couldn't I chip the ECU instead of reprogramming?

why not get a manual tranny? :D

but yeah, just get an auto p28 ecu, chipped with like a skunk2 program or smoething for dohc specs, and then, take a vafc to get your fuel back to normal with a couple dyno pulls.

skunk2 program will disable automatic transmission functionality. You need an auto P28 with DOHC B16 fuel,timing and rev limits spliced in, or an automatic P30 program with knock turned off.

hrm i didn't know that about the skunk2 chips. good info.

Back