ecu and wiring harness cx 8 valve to dx 16 valve

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

gregzilda

I have a question regarding an engine replacement that I did based on availability not for performance upgrade, although It will obviously perform better. My question is, I put a 1994 d15b7 out of a civc dx into a 1995 civic cx with a worn out d15b8. Both cars are 5 speeds. The engine swapped fine and mounted easily. I was told that the po6 ecu would need to be swapped into the cx to work properly.( I believe the cx came with a p05 ecu) I kept the b7 engine wiring harness on the b7 engine. Two out of three of the connectors on the passenger side of the car hooked up and the wires were all the same color. The third connector had some wires the same but not all. I knew in advance that the 8 valve engine had an o2 sensor on the exhaust manifold that only had 1 wire and the 16 valve had a 4 wire sensor. My question is this, in order to make all the engine components work properly, do I have to change the section of the wiring harness from the ecu, that goes through the firewall, leading to the connectors that attach to the engine wiring harness or are all the wires already present in the cx harness (although they won't match in color) to make the proper connections from the b7 engine components to the new b7 ecu? If the swap is not this simple I could just change out the entire wiring harness which I know would work. I really don't want to separately wire the o2 sensors, ect, when frankly I have the whole car for parts. If there is this information already listed on this site I just couldn't find it. If not please let me know where to go to get the information. I'm certain many of you guys already know the answer. Also the dx had a/c and I plan to switch that if it isn't too much trouble. Thanks in advance

D15B7 swap

Did you ever find out about switch the engine wiring harness and ECU?

Would appreciate knowing as I have a CX that I would like to put a
D15B7 into.

Thank you,

Rick

Back