1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ecu cable rewiring

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by ls/vtecwanb, Mar 27, 2005.

1. ls/vtecwanb

ls/vtecwanb Junior Member

i have a problem, i did a swap from automatic to manual but the thing is that the wiring for the automatic ecu and the manula ecu dosent match up. i was wondering if anyone can help me out, give me a link or advise on how to connect the different ecu cables. i would really appreciate you help and your time.

2. pills_PMD

pills_PMD Super Moderator

what car? what ECU's?? they should work just fine if you kept the same OBD. auto ECU's just have a check for the lockup solenoid. the ecu can be converted to manual specs... little more info please

3. ls/vtecwanb

ok the manual came from a crashed 90 integra ls and i put it into a 90 integra gs shell, but the thing is that the cable clip for the ecu on the gs was cut, so i had to buy another clip to replace it and thats where i have the problem at. once again thanx for your help

4. pills_PMD

pills_PMD Super Moderator

did you replace the whole wiring harness from the engine bay to chassis??
    or did you splice in thenew connector? if so, did you have a wiring diagram and match up the colors

5. ls/vtecwanb

yeah they were cut but i didnt do it, it was like that when i got the car. so what i did is that i went and bought another ecu cable for it, but i got it for a manual, should ive of gotten the same cable for the automatic or is the manual cable my best bet? oh yea i didnt replace the wires, it was cut where the ecu is bolted on. thanx again

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted