1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ecu chiiping on a P08

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by SPOOLEDCRXB18, May 18, 2004.

1. SPOOLEDCRXB18

SPOOLEDCRXB18 Junior Member

Alright guys, I got soem beef....I had a chip given to me, and seeing how I was a stock P28 ecu, I figured I could just chip a P08 ecu in the meantime, till I went and got my stand alone this winter. The only reason I had the P08 chipped, was becasue it was an ecu I had laying around (no donw-time for the car) and it looked like everything I needed as far as caps, resistors and what not was already there. Well I had a buddy solder in this 30 dollar e-bay chip, and plugged it in. The car idels and drives fine under normal conditions. But under hard accelration, there is no vtec engagment and throws a DTC for Electric Load Detector(#20)...I tried emailing the numbnuts that made the chip, and all he can tell me is sometimes they work, sometimes they dont!!!! Now I have never been though this experince with chips, as I have always used the stock ecu or stand alone, so maybe I missed something....any help would be appreciated as always.

2. AllMotorMonster

AllMotorMonster Senior Member

Not all P28 based programs work in the P08 ecu.

Sounds like you lost $30

3. SPOOLEDCRXB18

SPOOLEDCRXB18 Junior Member

well it says on the "instructions" and on the chip, that it will work for that ECU....anyone else with any ideas?

4. ndogg

ndogg Member

1) what the hell is a p08 out of?
    2) don't buy ebay chips.

5. katman

katman Member

#1) P08 is out of a JDM EG-4/VTi civic ...equivilent to our P28 ecu.

#2) I can't agree with you more! Prime example of why "EBAY CHIPS" are scanless.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted