Ecu chiiping on a P08

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SPOOLEDCRXB18

Alright guys, I got soem beef....I had a chip given to me, and seeing how I was a stock P28 ecu, I figured I could just chip a P08 ecu in the meantime, till I went and got my stand alone this winter. The only reason I had the P08 chipped, was becasue it was an ecu I had laying around (no donw-time for the car) and it looked like everything I needed as far as caps, resistors and what not was already there. Well I had a buddy solder in this 30 dollar e-bay chip, and plugged it in. The car idels and drives fine under normal conditions. But under hard accelration, there is no vtec engagment and throws a DTC for Electric Load Detector(#20)...I tried emailing the numbnuts that made the chip, and all he can tell me is sometimes they work, sometimes they dont!!!! Now I have never been though this experince with chips, as I have always used the stock ecu or stand alone, so maybe I missed something....any help would be appreciated as always.

1) what the hell is a p08 out of?
2) don't buy ebay chips.

Originally posted by ndogg@May 19 2004, 01:55 PM
1) what the hell is a p08 out of?
2) don't buy ebay chips.

#1) P08 is out of a JDM EG-4/VTi civic ...equivilent to our P28 ecu.

#2) I can't agree with you more! Prime example of why "EBAY CHIPS" are scanless.

Back