1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ecu Chip

Discussion in 'Accord' started by yfz450, Sep 21, 2007.

1. yfz450

yfz450 Steve

I have a h22a in a 91 with a p13 ecu i just bought a spoon ecu chip for it, it was wondering if anyone has heard good things about it , thanks

2. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

I think it's probably a better idea to ask people's opinions on stuff BEFORE you buy it... :confused:

3. yfz450

yfz450 Steve

yeah but i already bought it so what can i do, i havent installed it yet so i would just like to know

4. BrutalB83

Well, what's the condition of your H22? Is it stock? Intake/header/exhaust? Head work? Cams?

In my opinion, for a mostly stock motor, you don't really need to be messing with chips. If your motor is significantly modded, then I'd suggest getting your ECU chipped by a reputable company and actually having someone tune it to work with your motor setup.

I'm not really a big fan of "blind tunes." You might be alright and pick up a few horses, but then again you might actually hurt your motor. A lot of those chips you see on eBay just advance your ignition timing and set the VTEC engagement point down lower. Unless your motor is built for the specific tune that's on the chip, you could end up causing your motor to knock eventually.

5. BrutalB83

One more thing...

I just read some stuff on the P13. Apparently it's not an ECU that can easily be tuned by any of the standard tuning programs.

Honestly, I think your best bet would be to swap out the P13 for a P28 or P72 and then have it chipped and tuned using Chrome or Hondata.

6. yfz450

yfz450 Steve

I do have a cold air intake , header, exhaust, and what is so bad about the p13,how would i go about swapping computers, oh and thanks for all the help u have been giving me, i appreciate it

7. yfz450

yfz450 Steve

Oh and its about to get nitrous cause i read that a 50 to 75 shot would be safe for a stock h22a

8. snoopyloopy

snoopyloopy New Member

send the chip back, get a refund, and use the money to get your engine really tuned. and he said what's wrong with the p13. you just didn't read his post.

9. yfz450

yfz450 Steve

With this ecu chip it says that it disables the knock sensor, is that good or bad

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted