Ecu Chipping - Good/bad You Decide.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

AllMotorMonster

I just wanted to share a letter I got from a customer of mine...... I'll let his words speak.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, May 01, 2003 12:16 PM
To: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Subject: RE: p13 problems

I tried responding a couple of times. Thanks for asking. It worked awsome
the first two days. Then the check engine light came on and wouldn't show a
code ( code 0). So I took it out and ran my pt3 again. Then after a week or
so, I decided to try it again. So I pluged it in and haven't seen a single
code since. It's been about two weeks now and running great. I'm also
getting way better gas milage. It's wierd. About 400 miles on about 14
gallons. Before I was only getting about 330. Thanks for all your help and
interest in my satisfaction. I love the chips performance. Thanks again.
I'll be having more ecu's sent to you for your excellent work. -Cliff

depends on the program, i got horrible mileage with my skunk2/mugen chip... i think they're good for OBD conversions and removing rev/speed limiters, thats about it..

what program was he using??
i wouldn't say that those are "typical results" by any means.. .i've heard lots of complaints about gas mileage especially...

but .. good for him if he's got it working well.

Originally posted by pills_PMD@May 3 2003, 01:24 AM
what program was he using??
i wouldn't say that those are "typical results" by any means.. .i've heard lots of complaints about gas mileage especially...

but .. good for him if he's got it working well.

I made it for him, all custom done. He's running a P28 ecu on a H22 with the euro-R manifold.

As you can tell, he's happy with the results.

As for gas mileage on "most" chips, all I can say is that "most" chips are "mugen" based. The custom map I made for him was not a "mugen" base map.

Skunk2=Mugen

And we all know how much these kids love brand names, if they only knew..........

hahah exactly.. what program do you use to modify the maps if it can't be done using hondata romeditor??

Pills - I never reveal my secrets, but it has something to do with Microsoft........

Here's another I just received. This chip was for a LS engine and I modified the fuel, timing, and set redline at 7500 RPM.

I'll let him speak.

Aj,
I am VERY impressed! The package showed up this morning. I came home early and put it in, let it learn and after some adjusting on the fuel regulator I got my A/F mixture dialed in better than the stock chip would allow! The power is very consistant and it pulls very hard to right about 7500! You do nice work! The hole in the cover to access the switch is a nice touch. :^) Thank you very much for the professional service and quick shipping! My daughters gonna freak when she gets home in a few minutes and takes it out for a drive!
I will be contacting you again in the future as I picked up a complete B16a SIR2 head. I plan on getting another B18b block and building a LS/VTEC from the pan up. Amy's really excited to learn how to design and build an engine and of course I'm always happiest when I'm tweaking or modifing something :^)

ex drag racer, ex pull trucker, ex rock crawler, now enjoying rice rockets.... :^)
Kevin Ehrlick

I have purchased a chip from AllMotorMonster and the product was second to none. I was very impressed with the support for choosing a chip and even more so with the results. :worthy:

Back