1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ecu chipping

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by ls/vtechatch91, Feb 22, 2008.

1. ls/vtechatch91

ls/vtechatch91 New Member

okay... i've been wanting to do this for awhile... i wanna learn how to chip ecu's... i googled it the other day and it really got me into it again.... has anybody ever done it before??? is it hard?? where do i get the programs like crome, uberdate etc.. any help would be great thanks...

2. Koop

Koop •°o.O KOOP™

im with you. i want to do the same to my ride.

3. jeffsciv23

jeffsciv23 Senior Member

here is a very detailed write up on what everythign is for, whats needed and how its done. i have been doign it for a few years and its really not hard at all. just takes patiants and a steady hand. i used to have a pimp daddy desoldering gun that would just suck up the solder but it was stolen so now i have to use just a regular solder sucker. don't get the bulb type they dont really work that great and the desoldering braid is more of a pain in the ass then a help. my fisrt ecu took me awhile to get a method down but once i got it down it took me about an hour to do one, now i can desolder and have it ready to put in a car in about 15-20 minutes.

http://web.archive.org/web/20051222...ki/bin/view/Library/IntroductionToECUChipping

1 person likes this.
  4. ls/vtechatch91

ls/vtechatch91 New Member

wow.. gonna have to do alot of reading.. thanks :)

1 person likes this.
Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted