Ecu Code 3 When In Boost

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

When I go into boost, sometimes I get a cel. It happens after 4000 rpms. It doesnt happen all the time. I checked the ecu and its a code 3 (map sensor). What do I do now? Also, it goes away when I turn off the car and restart it. Thanks.

Originally posted by liquid00meth@Aug 14 2003, 03:34 PM
uhh, your map sesnor probably isn't bypassed. Do you have a map sensor bypass????

I need to bypass my map sensor? I have a revhard turbo kit, with missing link and fmu if this helps. Oh yeah, and I have a 7 psi wastegate.

The missing link is the best bleeder there is! As far as I know anyways! Thats a tough one!

This may sound stupid and may not even be possible... Ive never one so I dont know! Could you have mounted it back wards..... if you are unsure take it off an do the self blowing test with your mouth.. it should suck in but will by pass off when you blow

the code only happens sometimes, sometimes, I can go into full boost in first, second, third and nothing happens. The other times, which is more than the other, I get a cel.

at first i would have said you went higher than what the map sensor could read. Just double check the missing link.

VAFC isn't really a hack. You just put int he afc as described in the instructions. Then you purchase 440cc injectors and throw those in. Lean out the AFC by about 40% and you're set.

Back