ecu code 9

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Ok my CEL is flashing a 9 which is

9*- Accord Civic CRV CRX Del Sol Odyssey Prelude
85-98** 86-98 97-98 85-91 93-97 95-98 85-98
CYP Sensor (Cylinder)
defective circuit or unplugged / defective sensor
* not a valid code for any throttle body injection Hondas
** not a valid code for V-6 engines

My motor is a b20 in a eg. If this doesnt apply to my motor than how can I get the ecu to stop throwing the code?

Also im having troubles putting the car into gear. I have to force it into first and even pump the clutch. When im driving the same thing happens to the other gears. The kicker is that it'll go into gear really nice some times without any effort. I was told that it maybe the clutch master cylinder or the slave master cylinder. What are your guys thoughts on this? Anyone have this problem before? Im really hoping that its nothing too serious. Also I know there isnt any air in the line cause we bleed the system. The clutch is not stiff and really easy to push in. When Im stepping on the clutch it seems like my foot is gonna go through the floor. Thnx for the help

the standard Si-R code 9 means No. 1 Cylinder Position (CYP Sensor)

same with the 91 prelude (where the b20 comes from)

Oh and yeah your friends might be right...check your clutch fluid, and if its low, add brake fluid to it, and see if that helps your problem (the clutch fluid and brake fluid are both DOT 5 if memory serves)

Originally posted by reikoshea@May 11 2005, 12:30 AM
the standard Si-R code 9 means No. 1 Cylinder Position (CYP Sensor)

same with the 91 prelude (where the b20 comes from)

Oh and yeah your friends might be right...check your clutch fluid, and if its low, add brake fluid to it, and see if that helps your problem (the clutch fluid and brake fluid are both DOT 5 if memory serves)
[post=497717]Quoted post[/post]​

so the cel doesnt apply to me? cause I got the b20 out of a crv. How do I get rid of it though?Also I checked the clutch fluid and its good. Also its DOT 3 or DOT 4 just to clear it up for you.

The code still applys to you, the CRV is still Throttle Body Injected, and thanks for the clarification on the fluid. Im quite sure my prelude uses DOT 5, but i couldnt tell you cause the manual for the car is in the car, which is having a new engine put in it. Might wanna take that car of yours to a honda shop or dealer to get that checked out...might cause you some problems later on.

check an article about what happend when that code was thrown on an F22.

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_...311/ai_n9306140

Originally posted by reikoshea@May 11 2005, 01:17 AM
The code still applys to you, the CRV is still Throttle Body Injected, and thanks for the clarification on the fluid. Im quite sure my prelude uses DOT 5, but i couldnt tell you cause the manual for the car is in the car, which is having a new engine put in it. Might wanna take that car of yours to a honda shop or dealer to get that checked out...might cause you some problems later on.

check an article about what happend when that code was thrown on an F22.

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_...311/ai_n9306140
[post=497741]Quoted post[/post]​

but its says * not a valid code for any throttle body injection Honda. I dont get it. Im gonna get it checked 2morrow hopefully.

Back