ecu code question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Doc_G

Rude, Lewd, usually Nude
I have two posts for today, this being the more important one (imo) it shal be first.

Back Story:

My ef had a code 14, which due to my research is a faulty IAC. Picked a known good one up off a parts car (as well as a few other parts) and transplanted it onto my engine. Presto the gods smile apon me as it fixes the code.

Current Problem:

I now have a code 5, which again after dilligently searching (let it never be said I don't do my part) I discover this code to be MAP sensor error.

I happen to have the other MAP sensor assy (little black clip with the MAP sensor and a few others on it) from the afore mentioned parts car. (if it helps it was a 1990 accord) I can not see any part numbers on either MAP sensor, can I just swap them out? The car I got it from had no engine in it, I just got the assy off the fire wall before the car was scrapped. I got the working IAC (again mentioned earlier) from the same car. The car ran with no code problems/issues before it was wrecked. Anyone out there be able to tell me if the MAP sensors are interchangable?

Ok, well now we've an interesting situation Honda lovers, now the blinking 5 code is gone, to be replaced w/a blinking 1. So now I need a new o2 sensor? Is this normal in any of you Honda faithful's experience?

no answer? r I 2 Needy?

If you have a B16a swap, you'll need to wire up a second O2 sensor, which could explain your O2 sensor code.

its a d16a2 I believe. Further I believe its a factory unit since I can't see anyone swapping in an automatic on purpose. But thanks for the suggestion. I do know I only have 1 o2 sensor currently. I have no cat, and the o2 sensor is below the manifold but above the collector I believe.

::UPDATE:: I replaced the IAC, MAP sensor, and the o2 sensor. Poof no more codes and the car runs MUCH better.

Back